15| A New Friend

After that greeting session with the new colleagues, George calls me and Jake to his office, along with the department head and the section head, giving me the idea that there are two layers of superiors under George that we also have to report to

Inside his office, he briefs us about our jobs and what he expects from us.

Once we're back at our desks, I find myself already consumed in lots of reading. There are many documents to study.

I glance at Jake, and he seems to be lost in his own world too, putting some notes on the papers he's reading.

"Hey." Sarah's voice startles me as she emerges in front of my desk, and I stand up, facing her.

"Hi, Sarah. How can I help you?" I ask, expecting her to ask me to help her with some works.

She chuckles. "Nah. I'm not here to drill you, girl."

I raise my eyebrows in question.

"Do you like K-pop?" she asks.

I'm dumbfounded. "Y-yeah?" I do like it.

"Finally!" She hugs me tightly, almost making it hard to breathe. "Now I've found someone who would finally understand me when I talk about my boyfriend, G-Dragon."

She pulls away, and her eyes are twinkling. Oh my, she's a really funny person.

G-Dragon is a legend, though. But I must say that it's a bit unexpected. I thought that she was going to say some younger visuals like Taehyung from BTS or Sehun from EXO.

"OK. Back to work. We have plenty of time to fangirl later." She winks and walks off, leaving me standing here with mouth opened.

I can hear Jake chuckle lightly from his desk. Sitting back on my chair, I sigh before shifting my attention back to the documents.

A while later, someone else emerges in front of Jake's desk. He's black-haired, green-eyed, tall and looks young -- probably just a few years older than us.

"Man, I missed the grand entrance, didn't I?" He smirks at Jake. "I got a meeting earlier with the clients."

Jake stands up, looking surprised at the newcomer before they give each other a one-armed hug with a handshake, like they are friends who haven't meet each other for a long time.

"Dude, long time no see. How --" Jake is speechless. "You work here?" he asks in disbelief.

The guy laughs. "Can't be more obvious, can it? I was about to tell you when I first heard that you're the new intern, but I guess it would be fun to make it a surprise."

Jake shakes his head in disbelief while the guy turns to look at me.

"Lais, this is Liam," Jake introduces him to me. "He's my senior in high school, two years older than us. We joined the same football team. Liam, this is Lais, my internship partner."