Chapter 48

"Not all storms come to disrupt your life...some come to clear your path."

————————————————————————

My jaw had dropped open. There was no way Enzo was standing in front of me.

"No hello?" He asked.

I blinked before walking away, god these hallucinations had become incredibly real. I stopped at a quiet hallway, rubbing my heavy head.

But then I heard his voice again.

"Shy."

I turned back again, expecting him to disappear, but he didn't. He was really standing there, or so I hoped.

I walked towards him, my footsteps quickening the closer I got. I stood in front of him, my lips parted with shock.

What I was seeing was real. It was Enzo, standing in a full black suit that made him ten times hotter.

I couldn't fucking believe it. What was he doing here?

"Miss me amore mio?" He asked. I almost said yes before I stopped myself.

"No." I scoffed, failing to hide my surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"Did you think I'd let you get married off?" He asked, his voice familiar and bringing immense comfort to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked more sternly. "You're a Santini. My brother will kill you."

"I'd like to see him try."

"The guards will recognise you're a Santini."

"Nobody knows how Lorenzo Santini looks tesoro. I know what I'm doing."

My mouth opened even more hearing his words. "Lorenzo Santini? You didn't completely change your name for college?"

"Unlike you, I don't care who knows my identity. At least not before."

I listened to his words, avoiding his eyes. The silence grew until all we could hear was the sound of ballroom music.

"Are you still mad at me for lying to you about myself?" I asked.

"No. I did the same thing to you."

I didn't reply, but instead I dealt with the lingering shock of him being here. But he was actually here and I wasn't alone.

"You look-" his words were cut off by me wrapping my arms around him. I took in his musky scent, burying my face in the crook of his neck. God had I missed it.

"You fucking asshole." I muttered. "I thought I'd never see you again."

He exhaled a steady breath and placed his hand on my lower back. I pulled away to speak, before he caught a glimpse of my lip.

The black of his icy eyes spilled out in a scary way. "Who did that to you?" He asked, his voice suddenly serious. I didn't reply, only making him more eager to know. "Answer."

"My father."

A muscle in his jaw twitched, a rapid fire spreading in his eyes.

"Where is he?" He lowly growled and walked away to find him before I grabbed his hand. He stilled from my touch.

"Not now Enzo." I breathed, and he listened, turning back to look at me and when he did his eyebrows lowered. He came close to me, grabbed my face with his hand and looked deep into my eyes.

"Are you fucking high?" His voice carried disbelief and a little bit of anger.

"Yeah." I replied a little too quickly, making him step back with a deep realisation.