Chapter 60 - The gang (part 1)

"I'll still be here stickin' with you
Whether you lift me up
Or whether you're takin' me down
Baby, I'll still be here stickin' with you"

Liam's P.O.V.

- "No, I can't now. It's better if I stay for a while and give some support to Harley and Alix. I swear all of this is so messed up. Not only their situation, but also everything that happened to Claire and how everything is connected... I'm not even sure of what's real anymore. It's like everything and everyone around me is living in some kind of movie or book and they're all just characters. But at least I know you're real, just Kelly..." I ranted on the phone with Kelly. She'd been asking me to go meet her at the hostel but I don't think I'd be capable of going and relaxing when all this shit is happening around me.

- "Yeah, you know me.... just... good old Kelly. Nothing more than that..." She responded almost like she was keeping in something.

- "Is everything okay Kells?" I asked concerned.

She took a bit to respond but cleared her throat eventually.

- "Liam, I have to tell you somethi-"

Just then I received a call from Harley.

- "Wait, Kells, I have to answer another call, can we talk later?" I asked cutting whatever sentence she was saying, short.

- "Yeah, but-"

- "Sorry kells, I really, really have to get this. I miss ya. Talk to you soon." I said in a rush and answered Harley's call.

- "Liam?"

- "Hey Harley, what's up? Everything good?" I asked genuinely wanting to know.

She breathed out before answering.

- "Yeah, just.. a lot of weird shit happening at the same time and not enough answers. Either way, that's not what I was calling about."

I agreed silently with her.

- "Tell me then."

- "I wanted to ask you... something." She said a bit, nervous?

- "Yes Harley, anything."

- "Are you and June okay? Like are you talking to one another or just completely avoiding each other? Like if you had to be in the same place as her would it be okay?" She asked several questions in a row, afraid I'd probably stop her and say something she didn't want to hear.

I thought about it for a second, would I be okay? I mean, I wouldn't actively hang out with June alone at the moment, things are still,... fresh, but I wouldn't leave if she was in the same place as me.

- "Why do you ask?" I asked before answering her questions.

- "Well, honestly, me and Alix need some normality back in our lives. I was wondering if we could hang out, like all of us, maybe even try and do Alix's birthday party. But not really a party, just like a small get together with some food and drinks and conversation and I don't know, board games or something." She responded, I could tell she was desperate to be able to just do something normal and simple.

I didn't hesitate in saying yes. If I have to spend some hours in the same room as my ex to help my friends being mentally sane, I will. No problem.

- "Of course. That's a good idea. It will help bring things back to normal, a little bit, I guess." I responded.

- "Great, thanks Liam, I'll speak with the rest of the guys. Is tonight ok for you? At the cottage. I'll send you the address." She said and I instantly nodded.