-chapter one-

"I should be over all the butterflies but I'm into you"

-Still Into You (Paramore)

The Beginning

She remembered. Of course she remembered. Y/N would be heartless to not have remembered those 2 years filled with warmth. Remembering how he smiled so brightly at her and made her heart feel fuzzy and warm inside.

(Y/N's memory)

Y/N was wearing a flowy, floral, silk sundress that July afternoon. Cedric was styling Y/N's hair with flowers as they sat together under the shade of a large willow tree.

"Come on!!" Y/N exclaimed as she pulled Cedric up from the picnic blanket.

"Sigh. You, Mr. Cedric Diggory, are so lazy." Y/N said as she smiled cheekily at Cedric.

Cedric playfully replied, "Me? Lazy? I'm not lazy at all. Besides, you're just overly energetic."

"Whatever you say, Ced."

Y/N dragged Cedric along down the green hill away from the grassy meadow and towards the colorful field of flowers. Suddenly Y/N tripped on a rock. As she fell, she pulled a confused Cedric along with her and together they rolled down the hill.

"Pfft. You're so clumsy sometimes, Y/N."

She playfully glared at him and they both burst out laughing because it was true.

Y/N tried getting up back to her feet when she realized Cedric was on top of her.

"Uh.. Ced..? Mind moving?"

"Oh sorry!" Cedric says as he gets up and lends her a hand. He scratches the back of his neck and looks away toward the flowers as he blushes.

Y/N couldn't help but laugh at how flustered he looked. The popular golden boy, Cedric Diggory, flustered by such a small incident. It was amusing.

"Stop laughing Y/N," Cedric said as he pouted.

Although that pout was adorable, Y/N couldn't help laughing.

"Geez.. you drive me crazy Y/N.."

"Well. That's lovely, Ced." Y/N said in Cedric's accent.

"Hilarious." He said unamused.

"Is that what I really sound like?"

"Yep." Y/N replied, jokingly with a smirk.

"Geez.. you drive me crazy Y/N.." It was a simple phrase, but it meant a lot to her at the time. As people say, love can drive people crazy.

Was he in love? Was this how love was like? What is the feeling of love?

But remembering those times were painful.

Y/N pulled herself back to reality. She can't be reminiscing over these kind of memories anymore.

He pulled her heart out that dark night and left her on her knees crying until she couldn't breathe properly.

"I don't love you anymore, Y/N. In fact, I never did."

Y/N searched his eyes for any sign of lying. But she couldn't get to.

Cedric hardened his expression and emptied his eyes of any emotion.

However, even though he tried hard, she could still see tears with a crack of heartbreak in those usually lovely gray eyes.

He must've been lying to her. There's no way he was telling the truth. Not when his eyes told her a different story. But what was she supposed to do? This was all so sudden.

Y/N finally gave up looking at his eyes. She accepted it as the tears came falling down faster and faster. She didn't care anymore.

As his heavy footsteps faded away along the cold stone hallway, she sobbed until her breaths were skipped. She hoped he was as heartbroken as she was. She hoped this wasn't true. Maybe just maybe he still loved her. At least she hoped he had.

She still remembered his exact words from that night. After all, what else could she have done? She fell in love deeply.. and he told her he didn't return those feelings and never did. After their relationship of two years? Was it all empty lies? It was a heart wrenching situation for Y/N. How could she have been the only one in love? How was she so foolish. No. He was the foolish one. Y/N decided on that. That was his loss.

Until the day before the first day back at Hogwarts in her sixth year.

When Y/N saw Cedric Diggory showing a bit too much public affection with Cho Chang in the Hogwarts Express train, her stomach dropped to the floor.

She took note of the way he gazed at Cho Chang. She saw the way his eyes completely melted into hers. Her dark pools of chocolate as she laughed at his joke. It was visible that her voice was like a magical, soft tune to his ears. Oh how she wished she were her. To be the girl Cedric Diggory admired and cared for the most. Cho Chang.

Was that love? Y/N had a broken conception of love. To what extent would feelings be considered love?

She had yet to learn. But the sight of Cedric and Cho together bugged her for most of her day.

a/n: this takes place the day before the offical school term starts

writing those little memories make me feel so fuzzy and then when reality hits Y/N it's like reality hits me too-

hope is a beautifully dangerous thing.
but hope is there.
with the risk,
and with the want and need.