13.

Lily was astonished to know about Winter's story. She was left speechless after what Winter shared.
What surprised her the most was the name Simon Abbadon.
The majestic and powerful Abbadon of the royal family was the other guy in her life?
She was shook. Theo was in for a real treat she thought.

Lily wasn't briefed about this information even though she would have known it sooner or later but this was epic.

She looked at the innocent girl in front her and studied her. Indeed, she was beautiful. Her face was small with perfect features and there was something angelic about her. Her wavy hair further accentuated her looks and she was also gifted with good proportions in all the right places.
It was no wonder that this girl in front of her had the two most powerful men in the world at her feet.
These two male adonis were so in love with her that neither of them were going to back out of this fight easily.

The War of war was coming she thought.

"Lily?"
"Say something, please." The suspense was killing Winter. She shook Lily's hands getting tensed because Lily had been quiet for a while now.
She feared that Lily would come to despise her.

Lily was speechless. She didn't know what to say to her. She blinked her eyes simultaneously and said, "Well?"
"Do you still love Simon?"

Winter got teary-eyed at the question. No matter how hard she tried to answer, she couldn't. The words were stuck in her throat.

However, Lily didn't need an answer for she got it.
She just pulled Winter in for a hug and patted her back softly.
"It's okay. You don't have to answer."

"Thank you." Said a sniffing Winter in a hoarsed voice.

They spent their time lazying around for the next few hours listening to music and binge watching dramas.

"Stop staring at me Lily..."
"I know you have lots of questions on your mind right now."
"But please don't expect answers from me."

Lily turned her view back to the white ceiling but figured this won't do. Her curiosity was killing her.
She turned to face Winter again supporting herself with her right arm pressed on her head.

"At least answer me this.....why'd you leave if you really loved Simon......? Did he.....perhaps hurt you?"

"No....!"
"Simon would never do anything to hurt me."
"He's a very nice person, he's the sweetest."

Pffftt sure he is. The king of bipolar is a very sweet person. Lily snorted inside at that very thought.

"Then....."

"I guess a part of me deciding to leave was because I realised I was being greedy. The Abbadons took me in out of generosity. I've lived my life comfortably and being pampered to no extent by them. That should have been enough for me but I fell in love with Simon."

"Simon and I are from completely different worlds. He's royalty and I'm not. How could I possibly dare to dream to be with him, right?"

"Winter that's absurd. Why would you think like that?"

"I just didn't want to live my life insecurely and remain being the pathetic self that I am because that was how I always felt with the Abbadons."

Winter bit her tongue at her last sentence. You liar, Winter. She felt horrible saying that. Her heart ached.

Lily knew that Winter was definitely hiding something big. Winter wasn't the kind of person to think bad of others or hold grudges.

Lily wanted to know more but she couldn't possibly force her to talk again.
The poor girl had already struggled enough to tell her, her past.

She could only comfort her.
"I'm just happy that destiny led you to us or we would have missed out on such a great and beautiful soul." Lily smiled.

"Don't ever forget that you can dream Winter. Don't belittle yourself just because you grew up in a different scenario than others. You're worth keeping and trust me, no one would ever not want you."
"Especially Theo. He'd go through hell to be with you."