CHAPTER 1: THE ENEMY

Νέο κόσμο Academy was composed of solely supernatural beings that Yahweh brought together. His goal was to keep peace among all species, bringing them a state of everlasting equality in the way he was never able to with humans. Though that proved to be another task he could not achieve.

Just like humans, they split themselves into categories. Angels and demons were considered the popular kids. They sat at the top of the food chain, always fighting to prove which specie was better. Vampires were like the stereotypical gothic group with their dark clothes and depressing aura. Werewolves were viewed as troublemakers, always looking for the next prank to pull. Faeries were considered nerds, witches the weird kids, incubi labeled sluts, the others perceived as outsiders with no box to fit them into.

Five-year-old Xavion wasn't aware of this yet and was excited for his first day of school. Though a demon, he was still innocent due to his age. The children didn't move to Earth until they were older so it was his first time leaving Hell and the boy was too curious for his own good. He also hadn't made any friends since Lucifer mostly kept him isolated from the others.

Xavion tugged on Lucifer's sleeve, looking up at the gigantic man with wide eyes. "Father, will you come with me?" he asked hopefully. He was awfully nervous and didn't want to go alone.

They stood in front of the portal to Earth. Xavion had on a backpack with a lunchbox in hand, wearing his school uniform. It was a white button-up with a small, red tie that led down to his black dress pants. Qarinah, the demon Lucifer put in charge of Xavion, had helped him put it on and slicked his dark hair back with gel.

The devil scoffed, pulling away from his son's touch. "No, Xavion. You must learn to do these things on your own. No one will hold your hand when it's your turn to lead Hell. Do you understand?"

The demon deflated a little but slowly nodded. "Yes, father. I understand," he answered in a small voice as he shuffled his feet together, sadly bringing his gaze to the ground.

"Look me in the eyes when you speak," Lucifer said in a disapproving tone that had Xavion snapping his head up immediately. "You mustn't let the others think you're weaker than them. Hold your head high, stand your ground and prove you're worthy of taking my rule."

Xavion nodded in determination. He squared out his shoulders, straightened his back and puffed his chest out with his lips in a firm line. "I will. I promise."

Lucifer hummed before glancing over his son's appearance. His eyes narrowed as he tried to smooth Xavion's hair so that the gel didn't make him look so classy and proper. After messing with the strands, he roughly loosened the red tie.

"I must tell Qarinah not to dress you so idiotically again." He scowled. "You look like a damn church boy. No more of this."

Xavion's throat tightened and he wanted to cower back but instead he remained composed.

Look him in the eyes. Hold your head high. Don't show weakness.

"There," Lucifer said as he finished ruining Qarinah's hard work. He glanced down to see how fierce his son was holding himself and felt satisfied. "Good. Now go through the portal before it closes. You know they can only stay open for so long."

"Yes father." Xavion approached the gateway and ignored the nerves bubbling in his stomach.

"Xavion," Lucifer stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. The boy looked at it with wide eyes. His father rarely initiated contact with him. "They will teach you many things in that school. No matter what they tell you, remember who your roots. You're a demon. Don't spare any other specie any ounce of remorse. Whatever brainless lessons those foolish angels muster up cannot make you forget that."