(Ch-31) Midnight Memories

Important A/N: For those of you saying that the blood test is shady or isn't real are wrong. I did my research before writing the chapter because I would never intentionally spread false information and it is —in fact very real. Technology is very advanced —so advanced now that mental and physical illnesses can be detected from the patients blood samples.

If I did, per se, spread false information for the sake of this book I would've put a 'A/N' right below that stating that it is wrong and is fictional for the sake of this book. Please do your research.

Trigger Warning, some readers might find the below contents slightly triggering.

-

~~~~~~~
Flashback.
(3ʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴠɪᴇᴡ)
---------------------

"So before we start darling, tell me how you're feeling and please be honest. Remember, I'm here to help you." She said to Lucas. "And whatever you would like to share with me or talk about stays in this room until and unless you feel comfortable with me telling your parents about it, okay love?" Amanda said to him sweetly.

'Can I trust her?' He thought, he was scared.

The past few days —no months, he didn't feel like himself. He felt weak mentally, he lost his passion for soccer and football, yes he would still attend practise but he didn't feel the same joy as he did once.

At night he wouldn't sleep but just stare up at the ceiling in silent, watching his ceiling fan go round and round. His thoughts would rapidly move, like a sports car on a never ending racing circuit.

He felt tired all the time —physically and mentally, barely ate, barely came out of his room, barely talked, barely did anything.

It wouldn't really be a surprise that his family didn't realise his problems. After all, he was the jester of the family, always smiling and laughing. So it came great shock to them when they found out.

The happy kid was depressed.

"So tell me," She said as she opened one of the portfolio and grabbed an empty sheet of paper and clipped it on her clipboard and leaned into her rolling chair. "Does school make you stressed or make you feel pressured? Does school interfere with your home routine a lot?" She asked as she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

Thoughts of the unfinished homework and projects flashed into his mind. It wasn't particularly his fault he didn't do it, he had some things to do, or as he would call it 'unfinished business'.

He remembered his teachers yelling at his antics while children laughed behind his back because they knew he didn't care about what his teachers said nor did he care about the work.

Oh were they wrong.

He did care, a lot. He cared about the teachers being ashamed of him, he cared about his future and his pending works.

But they wouldn't matter to him soon, he would be gone anyways.

The teachers yells and the bad grades that flashed before his eyes filled the demons of the night. They would constantly howl and taunt him about it at the ungodly hours of the night.