Chapter 22

Author's P.O.V
Everyone sat in knee-dip silence, feeling awkward, perplexed and lost. No one initiated to start the conversation again. They were all shocked.

"Ahem.." Taehyung cleared his throat, to gather everyone's attention. "A-Are you sure about that?" He asked turning his face towards Y/N. "100%." She replied with confidence and certainty.

"So, what do we do next?" Jungkook asked, rubbing his palms together to produce warmth and heat. "What Y/N did. Follow him. Interrogate him and get Serena back." Cole replied pushing his hair back.

"We need a proper plan for that." Rachael stated leaning back on her seat. "I have an idea." Jimin added and everyone's gaze fell on him.

"I'll host a Halloween party soon." He said. "No, no parties." Y/N and Taehyung said in unison earning a smirk from Rachael. "I don't wanna get drunk again." Y/N demanded shaking her head, trying her best to ignore the butterflies in her stomach.

"Yes, we are not supposed to get drunk." Taehyung said trying to keep it cool.

"We'll not drink." Jungkook said boldly. "Look who's talking. The guy who was calling himself 'Ariel'." Cole scoffed. "I-It wasn't just me! What about Jimin?" Jungkook retorted as his ears turned pink.

"Hey, don't drag me into this." Jimin replied hitting Jungkook's arm playfully. "Can we discuss what we have to do?" Y/N said, now realising the irritation Taehyung felt at the party when Jimin and Jungkook got drunk.

Both of them stopped and drank some coffee. "I was thinking....after the party ends, Clyde would obviously go back to his house. We can follow him and I don't think he would suspect because people do roam around for trick-or-treat on Halloween wearing funky costumes." Jimin suggested.

"But, what if he does?" Cole asked apprehensively. "Even if he does, there's no way he can win. 6 against 1. No chance."Y/N chuckled. "Yeah, and then once we capture him, we can ask him about Serena." Jungkook said and wiped his mouth with his arm.

"But, we have a problem." Y/N said pulling an expression of disgust on her face. "What is it?" Taehyung asked with concern and Jungkook felt something incomprehensible in his heart. Maybe, envy?

"When I visited his residence, I was creeped out. He lived in some kind of area which we never expected to exist in this town. Very eerie. And don't get me started about his house. I got so scared of it that I couldn't go further. We can't get to his house without feeling queasy." Y/N said as her lips quivered in fear.

"It'll be okay. You were alone, it was totally normal for you to feel uncomfortable and frightened. But this time we'll all be together." Taehyung reassured her and put an arm around her shoulder.

Jungkook's heart sank a bit. Not knowing what was happening with him he excused himself and went to the restroom.

"Okay, then. Let's next meet at the party." Cole said and bid everyone farewell. As everyone left the cafè, Taehyung and Y/N got to a chance to be alone.

Taehyung grabbed Y/N's hand and intertwined it with his own. Y/N was still worried about the upcoming party, and then following Clyde. The horror and terror that she felt last time was something that left a lot of stress on her.

Taehyung knowing about this tried to help her get over it. "It will be fine. Don't overthink about it. Let's just have fun at the party without getting drunk and just let the plan go with flow, okay?" Y/N grinned at his statement and rested her head at his chest as he wrapped his arm around her.

But little did they know that a pair of eyes was watching them sorrowfully.

♫♫♫♫
Jungkook went inside the men's restroom and removed his jacket as he felt a gush of heat running through his body. He opened top two buttons of his shirt and washed his face with cold water, which was a mistake to do it in this weather.