𝖎𝖎.𝖛𝖎𝖎 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌

!! TW: mention of throwing up food in the first few paragraphs, if this might be upsetting to you, read paragraph 1 & then skip to paragraph 4 <3

HAVEN PUSHED HER FOOD around on her plate with her fork, the metal making a scraping noise. The knot in her stomach was overpowering, the nerves building. The blonde managed to get down some eggs and a muffin, however it didn't stay down for long.

"I can't." Haven mumbled, sprinting to the bathroom. Her knees pressed into the cold ceramic tile floor as she retched into the toilet. The blonde heard footsteps rush into the room behind her, glancing out of the corner of her eye to see Finnick standing there.

The Odair boy knelt down next to the girl, holding her blonde hair out of her face as she continued to cough and sputter. Tears streamed out of her eyes as she threw up practically everything in her system. "It's okay. You're okay." Finnick whispered, rubbing small circles on her back with his free hand.

Haven eventually sat back, leaning her head against the wall. Finnick wetted a washcloth, using it to wipe off the girl's face. "I'm sorry this is so gross." Haven said, giving a faint giggle. "You said it not me." He laughed, wiping a residual tear off her face with his sleeve. "It's alright though. C'mon, the Games are going to start soon." He said as he extended his hand to the girl, helping her off of the floor.

The other mentors were already in the living area, the air of the room filled with nerves. Mallory laid in Garrett's lap on the couch, both watching recaps of the interviews on the TV as he absent mindedly braided her hair. Sebastian clutched his mug of coffee like a lifeline. Collin was slowly pacing back and forth behind the couch. Chlöe had already taken to yelling into her phone, trying to get more sponsors.

Haven sat on the couch, pulling her knees to her chest and resting her chin on them. Finnick walked over and handed her a glass of water. "Try and drink that. Small sips." He spoke as she nodded.

Caesar Flickerman and Claudius Templesmith appeared on the screen, the broadcast now live. A timer in the corner showed there were only ten minutes until the start of the Games. Haven's breathing rapidly picked up when she saw the timer, panic overtaking her, as she stood up and starting pacing around the room.

"Shit! I hate this so much. What if he doesn't make it past the bloodbath?" She frantically spoke. Mallory got up, walking over and gripping the blonde's shoulders looking into her eyes as she spoke. "Listen to me. That's not going to happen." "You can't say that for sure. My brother could be dead in... eight minutes." Haven quickly replied, pointing at the timer on the screen.

Mallory embraced the younger girl, knowing that no matter what she said, none of it would guarantee Sawyer's safety. "I know you're scared. I know. But your brother isn't weak okay? He has a fighting chance." Mallory spoke softly into her ear, holding her for another minute until her breathing slowed.