XIII. THE FALLEN FRIEND

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

Two siblings sat across each other on the couches of the fireplace lounge. When Thor was learning how to wield Mjolnir with his father, Loki and Iduna were reading. Loki was already sixteen years old in human years while Iduna was only twelve.

"Do you think if I asked Kora to dance with me tonight, she would say yes?" Loki asked, looking up from his book.

"I do not know, you might scare her away before you even start talking." Iduna jokingly answered, still staring down at the pages of her own book.

"Oh, you're hilarious." the older brother rolled his eyes.

"I'm kidding." the sister chuckled, before returning her gaze to her book.

"What about you?" Loki questioned, changing the subject from him to Iduna.

"I haven't found much interest in anyone lately." She gave Loki a soft smile. It was true. While Thor and Loki, mainly Thor, were trying to impress every maiden in Asgard, Iduna never gave much thought to the idea of romance, or at least, the perfect one.

"Have you thought of Eir's apprentice in the Healing Room?" Loki asked, no longer paying attention to his reading.

"Amara?" Iduna questioned, trying to think of who her brother was referring to. Loki nodded his head in response. "What of her?" Iduna kept her gaze on her book and turned a page.

"You two would seem nice together." Loki commented, making Iduna smile a bit.

"Well, she is a lovely maiden. A bit ambitious, though. Reminds me of Thor a little." Iduna looked up from her book making eye contact with Loki. "Now pay attention to your book. Mother expects us to be reading at this moment." the younger sister nagged.

"Oh, come on, sister." Loki rolled his eyes while shutting his book close and tossing it to the side. "Do you really expect me to just sit here and read?"

"Yes, I do. But, you're doing a horrible job at it." Iduna responded. The brother just scoffed at her before yanking the book out of his sister's hands. "Hey!" Iduna reached out to grab it back, but Loki stood from the couch and held the book up.

Iduna frustratedly stood up and tried to grab the book, but Loki's height towered over her, so the book was out of her reach. As Iduna continued to struggle, Loki used his magic to make the book disappear until it was gone from his hand.