XIV. FOLLOW YOUR ORDERS

i can't breathe by bea miller

"Go back to a time that was different
A time when I didn't feel like
there was something missing
Now my body and mind are so distant
Don't know how to
escape from this prison
How can I free my mind?
Cause I can't breathe"

          Loki and I, along with the other agents, sat in the jet. The plan was proceeding to go accordingly, arriving to New York next. I sat across from Loki, giving him a cold stare. Loki's gaze met mine, before a blue mist flowed from his scepter. I felt it flow to my mind as I closed my eyes. My eyes quickly opened, only to see that I was back in the dark area again.

          Back in my mind.

          I heard Loki's steps behind me, but didn't care enough to turn around.

          "What? Suddenly, no bother to talk to me?" I could practically hear Loki's wicked smile without seeing it.

          "He was a good man, he didn't have to die." I muttered, referring to Phil, which I'm sure Loki understood.

         "I was simply eliminating an interference." Loki defended. That's when I felt the anger rising inside of me.

          "The interference's name was Phil Coulson!" I suddenly turned around and snapped. "He was only trying to protect his people, trying to do what I couldn't." I paused. "Trying to stop you."

          "Why can't you understand?" Loki took a few steps closer to me. "Midgard is tearing themselves apart? They are in dire need of me as there king. And once I take my place on this throne, you can rule by my side." He placed his hand on my arm, which I quickly shoved away.

          "You do not know the true meaning of ruling, Loki." I shook my head. It seems as though, no matter what anyone tells him, Loki thinks of himself above everyone else. He thinks that is what makes him a rightful ruler. He is blinded by his lust for power and authority.

           Loki paused for a moment, giving me a glare. He knows I'm right, yet chooses to ignore it.

          "When we arrive, you are to not allow anyone, or anything, to reach the Tesseract. Is that clear?" Loki instructed. "Follow your orders, Iduna, and you will find it much more simpler than if you resist."

           I simply stared him down until I felt my eyes open again. We were back on the jet, back to reality.

• • •

          Loki made his way to the balcony of Stark Tower while I met Erik on the roof, with the Tesseract.

          "Iduna, didn't think I'd see you here." He looked up from his computer and took notice of my presence.