XV. FREEDOM

gravity by sara bareilles

"Set me free, leave me be.
I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity
Here I am, and I stand
so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be."

          My eyes instantly opened and I jolted up from where I laid. I looked around to see I was in, what appeared to be, a hospital bed. The room was filled with medical supplies. I looked down and saw that I was still in my battle gown, with a bandage wrapped around my stomach.

           "Iduna?" I heard from beside me. Sitting at my bedside, I saw a most concerned Thor.

           "Thor?" I was shocked by his presence. He sat up to move closer, but I quickly flinched back. "Wait!" I looked down at my lap in confusion. "Am I... am I free?" I asked. I had to make sure this wasn't some trick Loki was playing.

           "Yes, you are no longer in obedience to Loki." Thor reassured. I let out a shaky breath of relief. I had control, I had freedom. I turned my gaze to Thor before wrapping my arms around him, who wrapped his arms around me.

           "I'm so sorry." I breathed out as we embraced each other. Thor pulled away and shook his head.

            "Iduna, you have to understand, this was not your fault. Our brother, he's chosen a dark path and he dragged you with him. But you fought back, you escaped." He assured, placing his hand on my shoulder.

           "Where is he now?" I questioned, looking off to the side.

          "Detained with the others." Thor answered.

         "Others?" I raised my eyebrow.

         "The team, we assisted each other in destroying the Chitauri. We're actually in a tower that belongs to one of them." Thor explained. I was a bit surprised, Thor wasn't much for fighting in a team. Leading a team, maybe, such as the Warriors Three and Sif. But working with others he just met, I have to say I was a proud of him.

         "Iduna, do you need anything? Sustenance, maybe? We just had lunch. Something Midgard calls shawarma." Thor interrupted my thoughts with a bit of concern on his face.

         "No, no. I'm quite alright." I shook my head. "I just want to go home." I softly replied.

         "That we can do." Thor formed a smile on his face.

          "I love you, brother." I softly smiled back.

          "I love you too, sister." He assured.

• • •

           We stood in the center of a park, along with the team, Midgardians called them The Avengers. Erik was preparing the Tesseract for our journey home.