Close Encounter

Third person:

Cara trembled and gulped as she looked at the maniacal woman in front of her. Her eyes looked into her's with a bloodthirsty light and a deranged smile played on her lips.

Mommy, I don't want to die. I still have so many things to do.

Cara prayed in fear. Why was everyone targeting her? Was she an easy target or what? Can they please give her a break?

"Ma'am please, we need to leave. We have already caused enough drama in a hospital in broad daylight. We should seriously leave." One of the men said, resigned by her persistence. Why on earth was he ordered to follow this deranged girl?

"No, I need to end her now." Nancy persisted, unlocking the gun.

"Ma'am, we cannot just kill people in broad daylight. It is not right. This mess will already be tough to take care of." He replied.

"NO." Nancy screamed and aimed her gun at Cara. Cara closed her eyes and prayed the Lords up above to save her.

The man finally lost his patience and knocked the girl out. He would deal with the aftermath later. He carried Nancy out while his men kept pointing their guns at the crowd to stop them from making a move and fled as quickly as they could.

They might be mafia but they too have to be careful of the law. They cannot ge too willful. If they got too bold and started commiting crimes like murder in broad daylights, no matter how powerful they were, they would have to pay the price. Nancy was lucky that she still had uses so the boss let them do as she wished. But they couldn't let her cause troubles, that too this big at that. They had report to the Boss as well.

Cara, who was still waiting for the bullet to pierce through her skull was dazed as they ran out. She felt her legs had become too weak and couldn't support her weight anymore so she fell down on her knees, her breathing accelerated, her body still filled with the adrenaline rush caused by fright earlier, beads of sweat covered her forehead and her hands trembled. She was sure she was going to die today.

They left? Just like that?

~2 hours later~

Cara trembled as she held on to the cup of hot chocolate Aunt Sara gave her.

F**king hell was that woman mental.

She cursed out mentally. She still couldn't calm down after that fright. Next to her sat Dominic, rubbing her shoulders to comfort her. He returned back without informing  Cara today to surprise her only to get surprised himself.

He really underestimated that psycho woman. She was really planning to hurt his Cara? Like hell would he let that happen. "I'll have a few of my men follow you from now. Don't worry, she won't be able to touch you anymore."

"And what will a few bodyguards do in front of a hoard of mafia? That mad woman is clearly after Cara's life." His father sneered. Right now they were sitting in the Adam Mansion with the entire Adam and McKinsey family was sitting in the hall, surrounding Cara.

What happened today was a major event. They were all scared out of their wits by this news. Even Tania was looking worriedly at Cara. "Dominic, call the elite batch of our underground team and have them protect Cara 24×7." Mr Adam commanded.

Although the Adams weren't an underground organization, it was obvious that they had made quite a bit of enemies. They would only be weak businessmen if they didn't have any backing. As such, they had a few trained groups of mercenaries whose sole work was to get rid of a few obstacles. Adams had ancestral money and and the history of these mercenaries was also of hundreds of years.

That being said, these group of mercenaries wouldn't loose out even in front of the bests of the underworld. The elite batch were rarely used. Most of the time they kept training and enjoying a normal life. To call them out was a major deal. But for a family member, Mr Adam didn't hesitate before calling them out.

"Okay." Dominic nodded. In fact, he thought of appointing the elite group to guard Cara from the very start. He just didn't tell them out loud because he thought his family would think he was making a mountain of a mole. It was great that they had the same thought.

"It's okay love, I'm here now. I won't let anyone hurt you anymore. I promise you that." Dominic promised.

Cara leaned on him as he took her in his arms, comforting her. Ben wasn't present here as they thought it wasn't suitable for a kid to know all these.

"Cara!" Cara's grandparents, Daisy and her parents came in running.

"Cara, are you okay sweetheart?" Mrs Westby asked, her eyes swollen to show she had been crying for a long time, even Mr Westby's eyes were wet. Daisy came in and hugged Cara followed by Mrs Westby.

"They didn't hurt you did they?" Mr Westby asked.

"I swear to God I'm going to kill them ones I get my hands on them." Daisy fumed, checking Cara for any injuries.

"I'm okay. Stop panicking guys." Cara said looking at them. This has already happened to her twice with both the McKinsey and Adam family. Seriously, all of them are going to get grey hairs soon. Cara thought.

"Oh my little girl, why are you so unfortunate?" Mrs Westby weeped. "You already had to go through so much and now this. Why do you have to suffer so much?"

"Don't worry grandmother, I've arranged a few highly trained guards to protect Cara from now on." Dominic comforted.

"What can a few sissy common men do? Cara I think…" Mr Westby paused, as he knew it was a taboo to mention it, but took a deep breath to calm himself down and gathered the courage to finish.

Looking at her grandfather's pose, Cara had an ominous feeling. Sure enough, Mr Westby's next words stiffened her, making her forget of her fright of today for a second.

"Cara, I think we should ask help of your mother's ex- colleagues." Mr Westby said, looking at Cara seriously.

Not only Cara, but also Mr and Mrs McKinsey stiffened at these words. Diana's ex- colleagues, they knew very well who Mr Westby was talking about. And those people were not good news.

"Grandfather." Cara's voice turned serious and solemn right now as she said, "Dominic will take care of it."

"But sweetheart-" Cara cut Mr Westby off.

"I said, Dominic can take care of it." Her tone left no room for objection.

Mr Westby sighed. He knew Cara wouldn't agree. But he had to try.