21

you opened your eyes and uncovered your eyes.

at lot had just happened so let's replay it.

"kara cover your ears, NOW!"

mattia said putting you behind him and pulling the trigger on his gun.

you covered your eyes and squeezed your eyes as the ringing from the gunshots replayed over and over again.

you didn't know what was happening and you couldn't see anything.

a moment after the gunshots stopped you heard mattia groaning and you quickly opened your eyes to see him holding his side by his rib cage.

"w-what happened? a-are you ok?"

"i-I'm fine a bullet just grazed me."

he was bleeding a lot but he took of his shirt and held it up to his side to stop the blood.

"w-where is Claire? Is she ok I-I heard her scream?"

"kara come sit down please."

you were very confused as too why he wanted you to sit down instead of going to look for Claire.

"why, where is Claire?"

you went out the motel and outside to the next room.

you saw Claire laid out on the floor. she looked so peaceful.

your scream was unforgettable as it echoed through the motel.

you slowly walked up to her body and grabbed her hand that was laying out. holding it so tight.

you could barely see a thing as your tears filled your eyes, they came out one after another not planning on stopping any time soon.

you fell to your knees and cried. you just cried until you couldn't anymore.

you held on to her hand for dear life not wanting to let go.

you couldn't believe she was gone, like actually gone, the sweet girl who was quiet liked to draw, always woke up on time, was grateful for anything she got. That girl was laying in front of you dead.

the more you thought about it the more you cried.

you didn't know what to think or do, you just wished you could have hugged her one more time. atleast said goodbye.

you just sat there staring into space while your tears fell on her hand .

"kara um, we have to go."

"and just leave her? No!"

"kara we will send someone to get her but we have to go, they will be back soon and I can not let anything happen to you."

"I'm not leaving her!"

he walked up to you and just hugged you, you needed it very much as you just cried.

"please! w-we have to help her!!"

"kara.."

"please!"

"kara..cmon we can't do anything..she's gone."

your heart shattered to small small pieces, hearing those words. it replayed in your head like a song you couldn't forget.

you just cried as he helped you up and out.

the rest was kind of a blur, next thing your know is that you were just sitting on the couch as Louis and Harry tried to comfort you.

you blocked out everyone who tried to talk to you.

this was your first time you've ever deal with death, especially someone you knew.

"kara cmon, eat please."

Harry said placing the turkey sandwich he made you on the small coffee table.

"m'not hungry."

"I get that your sad and I know exactly how you feel but you haven't ate for 2 whole days, you haven't slept and it isn't healthy."

Louis said rubbing your back.

you just shook your head no.

"well mattia went to talk to Claire's parents so you are stuck with us and we arent gonna leave until you take a bite out of this amazing sandwich I made."

you were hungry but couldn't eat, you were sleepy but couldn't sleep.

"i-i can't."

you said breaking down into harrys arms.

it felt like all your tears were gone but they somehow still fell down your face.

"you can."

he said rubbing your back while you just cried leaving tear stains on his shirt.

"would you want Claire to be like this? If you died would you want her to starve herself and force herself not to sleep? "

Harry said trying to comfort you more.

"kara she isn't coming back I'm sorry but she isn't, this isn't gonna make her comeback it's just hurting you."

"Louis!"
Harry said hitting his arm.

you wiped your tears but failed as more came down.

"n-no he's r-right."

you sat up a bit and grabbed the white plate taking a small bite out of the sandwich.

"good right?"

he said smiling and nudging you a bit.

"yea I guess."
you tried to hide your smile.

you haven't smiled in forever, you barely even thought about happiness because what is it without Claire?

"cmon let's watch a Christmas movie."

louis said grabbing the very cozy blanket off the couch and putting it over you him and Harry.

you tried so hard not to fall asleep during the movie but failed as your eyes slowly closed.