Nineteen

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N

I sat in Levi's car as we drove to his home. I felt nervous and icky because of what happened, but I didn't feel like talking to Levi about it who still looked very rough. His hair was messy and he was frowning still whilst the bags under his eyes were even more clear to see.

''Why do you have such an angry face?''

He snickered lowly and ran his hand smoothly through his hair as his eyes were still very much focused on the road, ''I started thinking about how horrible that ex-boyfriend of yours is.''

''As if yours isn't!'' I huff and lean my head against the window as I stared outside, '''would you like to give me and mister Ackerman some privacy, please?''' I exaggerated my voice as I mocked his ex-girlfriend causing Levi to laugh at the way I sounded.

''She doesn't sound like that.''

''Yeah? Think you can do a better job?'' I roll my eyes in annoyance and get caught off guard as Levi repeats the sentence in an odd high pitched voice.

''What the fuck was that?'' I narrow my eyes and looked at him. I chuckled hearing him sound like an unknown dying creature.

''Petra.''

''Right. You win, mister Ackerman.''

He frowned as he looked at me for a second, not liking me calling him that. I stared off outside and watched the trees go by. The pitch-black darkness wasn't able to surround the car completely as Levi obviously had the lights on. The car ride was about twenty minutes before we stopped in front of a pretty house.

''We're here,'' he said and let out a sigh before stepping out of the car and I followed him. He held my bags and unlocked the door letting me walk in first. His house was very pretty and smelled very clean. As if no one ever lived there but did get cleaned every day.

''Wow,'' I whispered when walking through the dining room that was connected to the living room. There were tall windows everywhere, giving you full access to look outside. You couldn't see any houses, only meadows and trees that were lit up by the shining moonlight. It was beautiful.

I let myself fall onto his couch and stared off outside for a second before seeing Levi come to me with two glasses of wine.

''Wine?'' I giggle as I watch him put the glass in front of me.

''Yes, you're not a kid.''

''I know,'' I smiled and took a sip of the liquor ''do we have something to celebrate?''

''It's our first weekend together. Just the two of us. I want to celebrate that.'' he winked at me before taking a big gulp of the red liquid in his glass. He didn't budge, not bothered by the strong taste of the devil's drink.

''Didn't Erwin say your alcohol tolerance is low when you were ill a few weeks ago? Since you're tiny?'' I ask and purse my lips together as I try my best not to laugh.

Levi narrows his eyes as he meets my gaze, ''he said that? What a clown. Nobody is able to feel okay after downing a full bottle of whiskey. It had nothing to do with my height, which you should shut up about actually. I'm still taller than you are.''

''Speaking of the devil,'' I rolled my eyes as I tried not to fight him back, ''what did Erwin say to you earlier tonight? You were acting strangely after that.''

He stayed quiet for a few seconds as he looked outside. I observed his features as I bit my lip whilst waiting for him to answer my question. His black hair was messy and about three of the buttons of his blouse were unbuttoned. His stoic grey eyes stared off into the distance while he probably thinking of the best answer to give me that moment.

''Nothing that concerns you,''

Or not.

''Why did you act so different then?'' I asked and took another sip of the wine.

''It's something between Erwin and me. Don't be so curious.''

''You're my boyfriend and something he said obviously bothered you. I'm not going to force you to tell me, but you should know you can always tell me if something is up.''

''And I appreciate that, princess,'' he says and puts his warm hand on my thigh whilst lovingly rubbing my skin with his thumb.

''A-Anyway, are you not going to tell me anything about Petra?'' I blushed and looked away.

''Hmm,'' he hummed and took another big gulp of the wine glass before putting the empty glass back on the coffee table whilst keeping his hand on my thigh, ''don't worry about her. She won't bother you or me again.''

I looked at him and frowned, ''what do you mean? What happened?''

''I told her I'm seeing someone else. I was fairly nice about it as well.''

''Eh... probably your view of kindness, wasn't it? Did she cry?'' I shook my head as I softly laugh trying to imagine what their argument must have looked like.

''Maybe.''

''Why did you hug her?''

He glanced at me and our eyes locked. I stared into his stunning grey eyes that showed absolutely no emotion, but at this moment it did. He looked at me with such loving orbs that sent butterflies to go wild in my tummy. It was enough for me to fall in love with him all over again.

''I don't know really. I was surprised that she actually came to school-''

''Is that what Erwin told you?''

''I didn't say that. Anyhow, I was surprised. Y/N, she is a woman I had always adored and she left me without saying goodbye plus I had to find out through a friend that she was seeing something else. I don't know what came over me. It didn't mean anything if that's what you're implying.''

''I didn't!'' I defended myself followed by a yawn as I started to get a little drowsy.

''Tired?'' he asked and slightly raised one of his brows.

I nodded in response and he nodded as he took the half-full glass out of my hand and picked his empty one up before going to the kitchen. He came back and held his hand out and I took it in mine and intertwined our fingers.

''Let's get to bed.''

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Levi's home is actually based on a house I almost moved to! But the owners accepted other people's bid ): lol