SICK BABY - JEONGCHAN

SHIP: Jeongchan

PLOT: Jeongin is sick, but doesn't want Chan to know.

TRIGGER: Throwing up

Jeongin wasn't actually fond of being the center of attention. Of course, being the maknae of Stray Kids already brought him a lot of attention but the problem was having an overprotective boyfriend, like Chan, which made the whole trying not to get attention part a lot more difficult.

It wasn't that Chan was too clingy or that he was possessive or toxic, but the fact that Chan was always trying to make sure that he was in a good mood or happy, and had a natural overprotective instinct.

That day Jeongin woke up feeling unusually tired and exhausted, even though he had gone to sleep early. He woke up alone remembering that Chan had to go extra early to the agency to finish producing some songs.

He stumbled over to the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. He looked dreadful. He had dark circles around his eyes and they were puffy. He was pale but had a red nose and red cheeks.

He looked around the bathroom until he found a thermometer. Oh great, he had a fever, and it was pretty high. But no, he didn't want anyone to know, not even Chan, he didn't want to have all that attention on him, he always got all shy and flustered and he didn't like it.

He took an ice-cold shower hoping the fever would go down, even if was just a little bit. He went to the agency and went to the dance practice room. As soon as he got there he felt some worried looks on him, luckily Chan wasn't there yet.

"Are you okay Innie?" Seungmin was the first one to speak.

"Yeah, why?" Asked the maknae in a whisper, not wanting anyone to know he had a raspy voice.

"I don't know, you look kind of pale." Hyunjin intervened.

"Oh, really?" Asked Jeongin, "I didn't know," He lied.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Minho asked before drinking a sip of his water bottle.

"Yeah, don't worry Hyungies, I am fine." He smiled, ignoring his throbbing headache.

"Hey, guys!" Said Chan as he entered the practice room. "Are you ready to get started? Did everyone warm-up?"

"Yes, Hyung!" All of them responded at the same time.

The good thing was that today they only had dance practice, meaning Jeongin didn't have to force or use his voice too much. The bad thing was that he was already exhausted when he just got up and dancing was a difficult thing to do. He felt his whole body being wobbly and he felt like he could faint any minute soon.

He didn't know how but he managed to get through the entire day. 

He and Chan went back to their shared apartment, did their night routine, and got in bed. Just when Jeongin thought that he had got throughout the day without Chan noticing anything the older spoke.

"Is everything ok sweetheart?" He asked softly while getting in bed, besides the younger.

"Yeah, why are you asking Channie?" The younger said kind of alarmed.

"Oh, I just noticed that your moves today at dance practice were not as sharp as they are usually."

"Oh, I'm sorry Channie." The younger said.

"No baby, it's okay, everyone can have their off days, just don't be afraid to tell me if something's wrong, okay?"

"Okay Channie," The younger replied, before yawning.

Chan smiled.

"Looks like someone is tired..." He teased. "Let's just go to bed lovely, good night."

"Good night."

Jeongin fell asleep immediately because of his exhaustion. He slept fondly for a few hours until he felt his stomach turn around inside him. His eyes shot open and he untangled himself from his lover's arms and ran towards the bathroom, he kneeled in front of the toilet and started throwing up violently.

He felt footsteps behind him and a hand rubbing his back up and down.

"Ch-chann-nnie..." He choked out before he started throwing up again.

The younger started crying, he felt the after taste of throwing up and he begged for it to stop.

"Shh, it's okay sweetheart, let it out, I'm right here, everything will be just fine. I'm not going anywhere." The older comforted talking softly in the younger's ears.

After a while, I.N stopped throwing up. He sat down on the floor and gasped for air, feeling drowsy. He felt a cold hand on his forehead, he whined and pulled away, not wanting any physical contact.

"Hey, no Innie, everything's fine, let me feel your forehead lovely." Chan slowly put his hand on the others' forehead. "Oh my god, you're burning up!"

The older picked Innie up bridal style and put him back on the bed. He went towards the kitchen and picked a cloth and got it wet with cold water. He went back to the bedroom and placed it on the others' forehead. He kissed his nose before heading back to the kitchen to get some medicine and a glass of water.

"Can you sit up for a moment, love?"

The younger sat up with Chan's help and took the medicine, he laid back down.

"I called PD-nim, you and I got a day off tomorrow, I'm going to take care of you." He said softly while playing with Jeongin's hair.

Jeongin's eyes widen and he tried to sit up but Chan pushed him back down.

"Don't move, you'll get dizzy," he said.

"Channie, no," he whispered, "I don't want to burden you."

"You never burden me, baby boy, why would you say that?"

The older saw the fear in the younger's eyes and he suddenly realized what was going on.

"You already felt bad this morning didn't you?"

Jeongin looked away but nodded anyway.

"Why didn't you tell me, love?"

"I, I just didn't want to have all the attention on me."

"What are you talking about Jeongin?" Chan furrowed his brows.

"You know that my parents never gave me any attention, and suddenly I'm the maknae of Stray Kids and I have an overprotective boyfriend, and I'm scared that I'm going to get used to your affection and then" the younger gulped hard, "then maybe you'll leave, and I don't want to be sad anymore, I just want to be happy, I don't want to feel like I felt when my parents left."

The younger's teary eyes locked with the older's concerned look.

"Oh, baby no, it doesn't work like that, it's okay to lean towards affection, you don't have to be scared to lose me, I'm not going anywhere, any time soon, god Jeongin, I love you too much to do that."

Jeongin's eyes widened in shock, it was the first time that he said 'I love you'.

"Y-you l-love m-me?" The younger stuttered, blushing. 

"Yes, I do baby boy."

"I love you too Channie."

The older got back in bed and pulled the younger's head towards his chest. They got all cuddled up and eventually fell asleep in each other's arms.

WORD COUNT: 1189