Chapter 60

"Sochta hun aaj main,
Kisse jyada khubsurat kahun?
Inn baharon ko, fizzaon ko,
Ya phir tere inn shokh adayon ko?
Khayal phir zahen mein aya yeh,
Nazarein toh sabhi ke liye hai.
Tum toh sirf meri ho,
Tumhari tarif karne ka haq sirf mera hai."

Sid says looking at the setting sun at the spot called Raja seat. Sana sits putting her arms around him and her head on his chest. They had been out on sightseeing in Coorg before Sid leaves. After visiting the Abbey Falls and Madikeri fort, they are now at this enchanting place in the midst of the nature. "It's is so alluring and peaceful here. I wish I could stay here forever with you.", says Sana looking at the setting sun, that is leaving behind beautiful tint of red and orange to the blue sky. Sid rubbing his palm on her arm says,"I wish too." He still looking at the fascinating scenery ahead says,"Dad used to take us out on holidays every year. It was really fun few days. But.. after he left.. life became so hectic that I had no time to take a break. It feels good to for a change forget all worries and be close to nature.." Sana looks at his face, he is so calm but there is a hint of sadness in them. He is missing his father. Sana says,"Let's all go for a trip when I return. You, Maa, Shini, Jaanvi and me..It will be fun. Promise me na..bebu!" Sid looks at her and smiles and nods his head.

Sid returns home from the Restaurant and finds his mother waiting on the dining table. He asks,"Aap abhi tak soyi nahi? It's late." Sumitraji replies,"Sana tujhe call ki thi kya?" "No. She hasn't. I am calling her from morning but she is not picking her phone. Why are you asking? Is everything all right?", asks Sid with furrowed brows. "No. Just asking. I haven't talked to her from the morning, that's why I asked.", replies Sumitraji. She says getting up from the chair,"Main jaa rahi hun sone. Tu bhi jaa. Good night." Sid nods his head and says good night. He is worried for Sana. He had returned back to Mumbai three days back and everyday they had been talking over phone. But today he hasn't got her call. He had found her phone not reachable. He had even tried Rohan's number but his number too had been going to voicemail. There was just a text in the morning telling him, she misses him a lot and will call him when free.

Lost in the thoughts, Sid enters the room. Before he could switch on the light, he finds someone hugging him. He knows the touch very well, how can he not. He excitedly says,"Tum kab ayi?" Sana replies," Ayelo, main yahan tumhe dara ne program bana rahi hun aaur janab ek touch mein samjhe gaye, main kaun hun." Sid switches on the light to look at his pretty wife and hugging her tightly says," I missed you soo much. So this was your surprise that you were talking about last night. And maa, she too didn't tell me anything. Oh baby I missed you ! When did you come? You weren't supposed to return by tomorrow. How ? I mean Wow!! I m really surprised..Oh I missed you like hell.." "You know you have got my infection of talking non-stop. Now stop and let me talk. Yes this was the surprise I was talking last night. Kal hi pack up ho gaya tha, so we left in the morning. Weather was bad, so flights got delayed. I just reached few minutes ago. That's why Maa was sitting outside. We were talking actually. I wanted to give you a surprise so I asked her not to tell you anything.", says Sana with a smile.

Few days later, Sana returns home with Sid to find Sumitraji and Shini are sitting in the living space. They smile as Shini goes into the kitchen to make tea. After freshening up, both join them with hot mugs of tea. Sumitraji says,"Bacha parso Karva Chauth hai. Will you keep fast?" Sana's face brightens up listening to her. She says,"Ofcourse I will keep. You know Maa, every year, I used to see Mamiji keeping fast. Main sochti thi main varta kiske liye rakhon. Haye, mera na bada mann karta tha, red saree, jewellery pehen kar, chani mein se chand ko dekhne ka." "Maa aap kise kya pooch rahi ho? She can never get out of the filmy world. Gadhi you need to understand, you have to keep fast. Fast means no food.", says Sid shaking his head. Shini starts to giggle,"Hain bhabi, you have to stay without food and water for the whole day. I don't think you can do that." Sana makes a face,"Haye, mujhe tum sab kya samjhte ho? Hun? I know it is difficult but Maa I will keep fast." Sid says,"Don't be crazy. You don't need to keep any fast. Maa, you know I just don't believe in such things, then why are you asking her to do."