• [ 5 ] •

Rose's POV

I wake up fairly early compared to my usual wake up time, feeling very excited for the events to come. I haven't really described what happens or the ceremony itself in detail, so I'll do that now.

So basically, four seasoned dragon riders and three experienced magic wielders (chosen by their designated Academy's Headmaster) travel to every village within a hundred-mile radius of their assigned academy. There are specific designated days for each village for when the choosing ceremony is to commence annually. Each region is made up of 20 villages or more, give or take that each village has a population between 500 - 2,400 people. The largest village in my region is my own, with a population of 2,340 people. The smallest village in my region, Lake View Village, has a population of 569 people. There are about five different Magic Wielding Dragon Riding Academies per region, but the most prestigious Academy known in the magii community, and the one all people from Trinity Stone Village attend to if chosen, is called Stone Heart Magic Wielding Dragon Riding Academy or just the Stone Heart for short.

You get chosen if the ancient aura-reading stone glows certain colors. Every 15 year old will line up and place their hands on the elemental stone. The stone itself is a murky white color, basically just a sturdier and larger version of a pearl. All girls and boys line up in hopes of the stone glowing. If it does not glow any bit of color, you are a human full blood. Nobody is shunned for being human, and frankly, although Trinity Stone village has a reputation of housing / breeding the strongest magii users, most of the villagers are human.

If the stone glows red, you have the ability to manipulate and control fire. If the stone glows blue, you have the ability to manipulate and control water. If the stone glows green, you have the ability to manipulate and control nature & other earth elements like rocks and soil. If the stone glows grey, which is different than the white looking stone because it will emit a stormy-looking glow, you have the ability to manipulate and control air.

If it glows multiple colors ie. red and grey, you have the ability to manipulate and control both fire & air. Some extremely advanced magii users are able to create and form their specific elements, as well as being able to use their element's sub categories. When this happens, they are named masters of their elements and a receive specific master tattoos correlating to their element. Masters are praised and often times become teachers and mentors at the academy they graduated from. As stated before, only the strongest and most capable magii users master their element, I believe that the youngest recorded master was a 19 year old dual wielder prodigy, who mastered water, nature, and their sub elements. That happened a little over a decade ago, and only those who have mastered their ability are able to control their elements' sub elements. You can also master your element without being able to control the sub-elements, which is more frequent in air and fire masters.

The element of water has two sub elements, ice and snow. The element of nature has five sub elements, controlling or talking to animals, creating life-like creatures from Earth's resources, earthquakes, and quicksand. The element of air has three main sub elements, creating storms, creating tornados and creating hurricanes. Yet, the rarest sub elements of air that only nine have ever been able to master in history, were teleportation, telekinesis, and levitation. Lastly, the element of fire has two main sub elements, lightning and creating thunderstorms. But, the deadliest and rarest form of power, was the sub element of fire called white fire.

It is 5x hotter than regular fire, takes a great deal of energy to control, and can burn someone's body to a crisp within seconds. Only one person has ever been able to wield white fire, and his power corrupted him so much that his soul became evil. He later became a leader of darkness, attempting to take over the magic community. He thrived off of his power and his greed is what led to his demise. It is rumored that he has a descendant capable of this powerful form, but no evidence of this rumor has been found.