Chapter 41

Caitlyn's POV:

The drive to Calum's house was awkward and silent, and I just wanted to jump out of the car and run home. His house seemed like such a long drive from my house, which was making me even more worried. Calum took a left turn and we finally stopped down a run-down street, the complete opposite to Luke's almost perfect neighbourhood.

Calum saw me gawking out of the window at the streets and rolled his eyes, opening his car door. After realising I had been staring, I climbed out of the car like he had. He was outside a small house, the key already inside the lock.

"I never said that I live in a palace." Calum told me, pushing open the door.

The inside of his house was a complete mess, making me know that he didn't live with his parents or family.

"You have a nice home." I told him, being polite and because I didn't really know what else to say.

Calum started laughing at this, throwing his bag onto the floor and walking down the hall. I followed far behind him like a lost puppy, not knowing what to do.

"I live with Michael, we're not exactly tidy. This place is a shit hole too; don't feel the need to compliment it." Calum told me. He opened a door and when I got to it, he was sitting down on his bed.

After the mention of Michael's name and that he lives here with Calum, I got even more scared. Michael could be home any time now, and they could end up beating me up again, this time with no one to be able to help me afterwards. I suddenly realised that I had been standing in the doorway for quite a while now.

Casually, I walked into Calum's room. He was sitting down on his bed, watching me. I didn't know where to sit, so eventually I sat right on the corner of his bed, far away from him. Calum was still looking at me, and a small smirk spread across his lips.

"Do I make you nervous Caitlyn?" he asked me. He put his hand closer to me, scooting closer to me slightly. I watched him get closer, and when his shoulder was nearly touching mine, I stood up.

Calum started laughing again, rolling his eyes at me. He moved back to where he had originally sat and then pointed to the bed, telling me to sit down. After looking at him for a little while, I ended up sitting back down.

"I came here for the project, so can we just start that now?" I asked him, quickly looking down after my boldness.

"Sure, whatever." Calum said, shrugging his shoulders and pulling his phone from his pocket. I waited for him to put it away, but he didn't.

"Do I make you nervous Caitlyn?" he repeated, laughing a little bit. He was trying to mess with me; he knew quite obviously that I felt nervous around him.

"No." I lied. It was probably really clear that I was lying, but I didn't want to say nothing, then he would know I was nervous of him.

"You're not?" Calum asked me. He put his phone on the bed beside him and while asking me the question, he tilted his head at me slightly.

I shook my head, kicking my feet around and staring at them as I did so, doing anything to keep my gaze away from Calum. Calum was still looking at me, and his face started leaning closer to mine. I looked at him finally, his face inches from mine.

"I don't believe you." he told me, his voice almost a whisper. My breathing hitched, and he smirked, leaning away again. He was sitting quite close to me still. Suddenly, his hand was resting on my thigh. He moved his hand up and down, rubbing my leg slowly.

"Are you still not nervous?" he asked me, still smirking.

I didn't want him to know that he was right, but with his hand on my thigh I felt extremely uncomfortable. I was debating calling up Luke and asking him to pick me up and take me home, but we're not together anymore and I don't want to ask too much from him.