Part 𝟤|| 𝟩| The Maid

Bella

It was dreading opening my eyes. The night was filled with tension and anxiety. It felt like the night won't ever end. My head was aching at the thought of what happened in just few hours.

I don't remember anything after I saw Lucifer holding a gun, his shirt was bloodstained.

Now when I opened my eyes, I was in my bed. Leia handed me some pills saying they will help me get a good sleep. I took them, just in case I don't get the nightmares again.

My heart ached everytime I thought about the night. The gunshots, blood... Lucifer killing a man in front of me...

My blood ran cold, heart ached at the thought of it. Bringing my shaky hand to my head, I tried to take deep breathes and control myself. I tried to close my eyes but the animalastic look of Lucifer couldn't get out of my mind.

Everything seemed so fake to me now. The Lucifer I saw in the party wasn't my Lucifer. He couldn't be. He was so gentle with me, he had a dark aura around him but he couldn't kill people. I've never seen that sight of him. Or maybe, he never let me see that sight of himself. He kept it hidden from me. It felt like my world had just ended. I could feel myself spiraling down toward the darkness, again...

Removing the comforter from over my face, I looked around the room and saw Leia entering my room. Her steps faltered at the sight of me before she came running to my bed. "How are you feeling now?"

I nodded my head, "Guess I'm okay now. Just a little headache." My voice cracked at the end. Leia handed me a glass of water. I drank the water.

"Maybe you need to take some more rest." She spoke as she took the glass from me.

"How are you all? Everything is okay?" I asked, trying to get up but Leia pushed me back.

"Don't think about us now. Think about yourself. We all are fine. Get well soon. Ria wanted to talk to you too. She was so worried." Leia informed me.

"Okay... Thank you, Leia." I gave her a weak smile before she fixed the comforter over my body and left the room silently.

I had a lot of questions to ask. I wanted to know everything. They all hid the truth from me.

Those trucks in the middle of the night, the guards around the house, when he said he was no different than my father... The truth was right in front of me. But I chose to ignore them. Lucifer warned me, but I still didn't want to see the reality.

In the back of my mind, I had a voice whispering to me that it was all my fault. I ignored the truth, I let Lucifer get into my skin, I let him do everything to me. He lied, he kept his reality hidden from me and I believed him blindly.

But then the other voice fought back, telling me I was wrong.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in my room, not in ours. Lucifer wasn't here. I let out a sigh, I didn't know if I was relieved or sad that he wasn't here. My eyes traveled to the door of my room. And I waited.

As my eyes stayed glued to the door, I realized that I was secretly hoping he would come to me and tell me that I was just dreaming. He would tell me that he wasn't a killer and I would believe him again. I would let him touch me with his gentle hands.

But he didn't come.

Holding a pillow to my chest, I burrowed myself deeper under the comforter with a sigh. I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about it over and over again and it was so frustrating and annoying. My stomach twisted, I wanted to throw up but I couldn't bring myself out of bed.