17// New Job

Today is the day I am going to join my new job as the editor of 'Weekly Delight', which is the name of Soniya's magazine

Maa has taken me shopping to buy some office wear. I have told her that I don't need anything new but she is adamant to buy me new clothes.

Dad is also nagging me about buying a car for me. But I refuse to accept it because I want to buy my first car with my own earned money. Also, there is already a spare car in which I go to college. But now I can take that to go my office.

I am not going to lie and say that I am not scared because I am. This is my first job and also in a place where I don't know anyone except Soniya. But as the owner of the magazine, she has other works to do. So, I can't be dependent on her.

However, I am confident that I will be able to build a good relationship with my co-workers. Because that's what a company needs to be developed.

After getting dressed in a Beige-colored Pantsuit, I put on my nude pumps to go with it. I make a half-bun hairstyle before curling the end of my hair. For makeup, I have decided to go with a natural look which consists of a little bit of foundation, a single coat of mascara, and my favorite strawberry chapstick.

Satisfied with my look I pick up my bag and get downstairs to take blessings ls from Maa and Dad.

"First you are going to finish your breakfast and then only I will let you go." Maa says and orders me to sit down.

I know that it's impossible to argue with her so I do as told. Like every day she puts bread and butter along with chocolate milk in front of me for my breakfast.

I am not a picky eater but I only some specific things for breakfast and thankfully she understands me very well.

While eating I notice that Rudra is not there but I remember him telling me that he is going to drive to my office as it's my first day.

"Bhai has to leave for an urgent meeting so I will drop you to your office." Lakshya bhaiya remarks from the other side.

I give him a small smile which I am sure doesn't reach my eyes. I am not mad at Rudra for not informing about his meeting. I am just a little sad that he is not going to be with me on the first day of my job.

After completing breakfast Lakshya bhaiya and I leave the house but not before taking my lunch box from Maa. It takes fifteen minutes to reach my office. So, both of us get out of his car and make our way inside.

"All the best bhabhi. I am sure you are going to rock in your job." I smile shyly hearing Lakshya bhaiya's praise.

"Thank you so much for the encouragement. Also, thanks for taking me here." I reply.

"Now you are making me feel like an outsider by thanking me. You are not only my sister-in-law but also my friend. So, stop staying thanks." He says with a stern expression. But I can see the smile he is trying to hold back.