20// New Assistant

"Are you feeling okay now?" Rudra asks while carressing my right cheek lovingly

"Umm, I am fine." I reply timidly.

"Now, go to the washroom and get fresh or mom will think that I have made her favorite person cry." He says with a teasing tone.

"Who says I am maa's favorite person?" I ask confusingly.

"We have our eyes and ears so we know everything. Now go or you will be late for your office." He replies while pushing me a little. Suddenly, I realize that I am sitting on his lap so without wasting any time I get up and rush inside the washroom.

Oh, God! I don't have any idea when I sit on his lap. What would he be thinking of me? So stupid of me.

"Ishita, are you okay?" Rudra asks.

"Yes, I am okay. You go downstairs, I'll be back in a while." I reply while running my hands under the water. I hear his retreating footsteps and then I release the breath I am holding.

I splash some cold water on my face and then wipe the extra water with a clean towel. I fix my clothes and hair before making my way out of the washroom.

I take my purse out of the closet and decide to go downstairs because it's already past office hours. I just hope Soniya won't get angry with me for my tardiness.

When I reach downstairs I notice that everyone is already sitting at the dining table. I take my place beside Rudra who gives me a small smile which I return with my own.

Everyone talks about various things while I only reply when someone asks me something. Finally, we are ready to go office. Like every day I take maa and dad's blessing before getting out of the house. Rudra offers to drive me to the office which I don't decline. We get inside his car while Soniye goes with Aarav as she will be going to her parents' house first.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" Rudra asks while driving the car.

"I know but everything is very new to me so I don't know how to start a conversation." I reply fiddling with my fingers.

"If we both really want to give this marriage a chance then we have to share our feelings. It's not that I am forcing you to tell me everything but I hope that I will be the one to solve your dilemmas." He says and holds my right hand in his left hand.

"Umm, can I ask you something?" I let out.

"Of course." He replies with a smile.

"Why didn't you want to get married?" I ask and feel his hold tighten on my hand a little.

"Do you want to know the truth?" He asks without looking at me.

"Yes but if it's something personal then no." I quickly reply not wanting to offend him.