Chapter 84

Before starting,

My request to all the people out there, do not demean Nandini's character to show a dominating, Intense and Passionate Manik🙏

I don't want to bash anyone but it is just I couldn't keep this in my mind😣

Also, I need some suggestion regarding "Arrange Marriage" so please read the note at the end and give me answers.

Enjoy Reading! (3k+ words, again!)

-----

It was midnight and Manik and Nandini were laying down in each other's arms after their much needed session.

Nandini was doodling something on his chest while he was thinking about something. He looked at her and his mind drifted to the evening when he was in Nandini's room and Aryaman came to call him.

He said it was urgent. Abhi, Karan and Ayesha wanted to talk to him. He knew what they wanted to talk.

And he was right because when he reached there, Abhi and Karan had a stern look while Ayesha's eyes showed disappointment.

She was actually defending him but at the end the mother in her couldn't justify his act against his daughter.

Flashback

Manik: Amma-Appa, Abhi

He was not surprised. He acted normal, his eyes casted down all the time in respect and also with shame for what he did.

Karan: Manik, I think you are intelligent enough to know why you are called here.

Karan's voice was very stern which scared Manik felt like his younger self who was being called by the principal when he broke the staff room's window while playing Cricket in the school ground.

However, he nodded and Karan continued.

Karan: and you do know I do not entertain such things. Don't you?

Manik: Appa-

Before Manik could complete, Abhi came forward and interuppted him.

Abhi: Oh shut up, Manik! Who the hell are you to decide if my sister will come here or not? You are her husband not owner.

Manik looked down hearing his harsh words while Karan eyed Abhi.

Karan: Abhi, Stop!

Abhi was reluctant but Karan's one glare was enough for him not to say further. He looked at Manik who seemed like taking all the scoldings silently. He sighed and kept his hand on his shoulder.

Karan: Manik, Bacha look, we are your family. You are like Abhi and Arya to me but what you did with Nandini yesterday, it was not something I really appreciate. To be honest, I didn't expect this from you. I have always felt you are very mature, but the way you behaved yesterday, why that? Is everything okay between you and Nandini?

Though, initially Karan had planned to scold Manik but seeing Manik's silence, he understood the matter was something else. He was also aware of his daughter's anger. He knew her nature. She was not someone who would take the someone's anger that easily.

Manik: Appa, What I did yesterday, I have no explaination for that. I know I was wrong and I also know that I have hurt you and Amma the most. You trusted your daughter with me and I behaved that way.

He sighed and held Karan's hand.

Manik: And I am sorry, Appa. I promise that was the last time I took her back with me like that. More than my wife, she is your daughter. You will always have more right on her. I-