Chapter 12 : Trusted Ones And The Painful Ones

And more importantly, he also found out about a few people that he didn't know about through the Novel. As example,

Richard Paul.

This guy was actually, Luis Fronti's aide or main butler. But to the surprise, he was also an old main servant of Leon Fronti. He works as Leon's butler for ten years until suddenly switch to become Luis's aide, 8 years ago.

While Kelt was originally working as Leon's food maid for two years until he secure a place as his butler 8 years ago. which makes Kelt had worked under Leon for ten years now.

But back to the topic of a character named Richard, in the diary, Richard's name was mentioned on almost every page, from Leon 5 years old till recently, 18 years old. Though the writing was a bit clumsy thru the first page which was written by a 5 years old boy, it's still readable. So, the current Leon can still recognize and confirm that Richard was indeed there in the diary.

And, amazingly, on every page that mentions his name, it was shown that Richard was someone that Leon could trust. The same as Rudy, but Rudy's name wasn't mentioned that often and Leon still can't trust Rudy that much because, in the diary, though every time Leon conveyed something to Richard through Rudy, Leon never stop using metaphor as a message instead of telling him directly what he wants.

'that's mean, he might still be doubtful regarding Rudy or he just wants to be secure.'

And also, the most shocking fact is the fact that Kelt's name was mentioned only once as far as he reads. Or perhaps, he misses something.

'that's why I can't trust him yet... there's no guarantee on his loyalty'

From this information, he decides to ask for help from Richard regarding this afternoon matters, right before he heads out for dinner earlier.

'and I got the exact info I want before heading to bed... it's fast... that's was an amazing line of information network he got there.'

smirk*

He smile as he thought how amazing Richard is.

'but..  to think he still works for Leon though he is already under Luis... it's gonna be troublesome one day if someone discovers this fact.'

sigh*

He sighs at the thought of how troublesome his current situation is. Rudy frowned as he saw his young master sigh.

'did he want to taste the sugar that badly?? should I bring the sugar here??'

And hence the misunderstanding deepened again.

"good job... you may leave Rudy."

Rudy's thoughts quickly were interrupted by his young master. As such, he faster fixes his manner as he bows down a little to excuse himself.

"I apologize for my absent-minded, young master Leon... I will take my leave then."

Leon then smile and waved his hand as a sign to not worry about it and to ensure Rudy left the room fast. Rudy nodded his head to the response and walk away to the door. 

As he arrived there, he remember his earlier thought.

"ah.. young master Leon"

"hmm.. what is it now??"

Leon asks as he looks at Rudy with an amicable face.  Rudy smiles awkwardly at him while hesitating a little before answering.

"emm... well... would .. would you like me to bring you sugar for the night?? ah I mean..drink for tonight??"

"hmm?? what- what are you talking about??sugar??drink?? I don't need such a thing..so hurry and take your leave now."

Seeing how irritating Leon's face at the moment towards his suggestion just now, Rudy's stiffened. He then smiles awkwardly and hurriedly walks out of Leon's bedroom.

'what a weird fellow that guy is.'

Leon thought with a wry expression.

'it's good that I take someone else to the capital..'

As such, Leon felt slightly safe bringing someone else as his knight to the capital a month after this.

As the knight already leaves, Leon then quickly grabs the diary from the table and reads pages by page till late at night. But even though he finished reading everything in the diary. Something feels off.

"the memory is not coming out.."

'it's weird... earlier afternoon... I read the part where the promise was mentioned and... a little piece of the memories flash into my mind and that's how I know that the Duchess was crying and so on...but...'

"I read the whole diary now.. but nothing comes out!!!"

It's certainly weird. If the memories were indeed supposed to be triggered by reading this diary, then, he should remember everything by now, but.

'nothing... nothing at all... why??? what's the difference between this afternoon and now?? what's the hell is happening???'

As he thought that, his right hand which held the book, quickly put the book back on the table near him. He then stood up to walk toward his bed but,

"ehhhh"

His body which was supposed to be standing suddenly ended up kneeling. His leg falls weak.

"what hapmph!!!"

His body suddenly curled forward at the moment.

"ahh!!!!"

His mouth felt a sudden nauseous and his surrounding felt spinning non-stopped. His right hand quickly grab onto the chair to try to stop himself from falling.

'what the heck!!! why I'm feeling like this... why... ack!!!cough*"

As he tried to stop himself from falling or puke, thick red blood flow out of his mouth. His left hand quickly tried to block the blood from flowing out, but futile. A whole chunk of blood left his mouth and stain his clothes.

'ack!!? blood?? why the heck I'm puking blood!!!!???'

At that moment, his body suddenly trembles and curled forward more. As he can't stop the blood anymore, his left hand then holds the ground to stop himself from falling completely.

Extreme pain spread across his whole body but the most painful part was his head at the moment. it was so painful that made him feel like his head gonna explode. His eyes start to tear up. His ear rang without stopping. He could feel some liquid flow out from his ear.

'don't tell me.. did the blood coming out there too!!!!!???'

"ughhh"

cough*

When he thought that, extreme pain in his head force him to puke more blood. The floor which already had a slight of his first blood becomes redder with a pool of new blood he pukes. As for now, his right hand no longer holding the chair but instead, holding the floor together with his left hand.

'it hurts..a lot!!!'

***************************************
To be continued