13

Let's finish this.
........................................................................................................................

A few months had passed since the last attack from psycho-Amy. She seemed to have had enough playing the puppeteer of a story that wasn't her own. You appeared in multiple of Wil's streams, seen as a guest appearance by the ever-growing audience. Wilbur's audience took a fondness to your sense of humor and exquisite personality. You really seemed to have opened up after meeting Wilbur, you've unlocked parts of yourself with him. You continue on with school now, you'll occasionally see Amy but you've now noticed she's all alone. Serves her right. Melissa is in your science set and -with her expansive knowledge of biology- helps out with the tests your teacher hands out every semester. After going missing, your parents didn't bother looking. They knew you were strong and that you'd return eventually- which you did. You returned to collect your things and to move in with Wilbur. They were happy for you, although your mum cried at the thought of her sweet little baby she raised growing up. Wilbur pulled up outside your house. You looked at the sight of your empty, soulless room- once filled with life, not much, but you could certainly tell somebody once lived there happily. A small sweet smile cracked upon your face. You'll miss this old shithole, I mean, you lived there for over a decade -it's only obvious. A tear fell to the floor, slowly absorbing into the carpet of your own room. You turned the warm-white ceiling light off and left the room, your suitcase rattling down the hallway of your cozy cottage. You stand at the door and say farewell to your dear old parents and say you promise to visit every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was a truly soul-touching moment. You walked down the driveway, your shoes clacking on the concrete and your suitcase clanking gently behind you- occasionally nipping at the backs of your shoes. Wilbur popped his trunk and swung your hefty suitcase into the back of his car. You looked back at your old house one last time and smiled at the memories you had. You hopped in the passenger seat, tears running down your cheeks. Wil angled your face to look at him and wiped away the tears gently with his thumb.

 "Are you ready to go home..?" He said gently with a smile as the car light buzzed above you. You sniffed quietly and swallowed your feelings.
 "I'm ready." You responded confidently.
The car chuntered away down the lane as the sun set over the dusky horizon. Outside was cold but the car had an embracing warmth to it. It was a short drive to London from here. Wilbur held your hand all the way, apart from the times he needed to change the gear. You got through the front door of his large apartment and dragged your suitcase into a place it wouldn't get kicked. Here you were. At last.
A place to call home, with a person that you wouldn't change for the world.
........................................................................................................................

I'm so sorry for my absence. This year has gone so wrong for so many of us. Me included. I hope you are all staying safe with the pandemic! I hope you enjoyed this fanfic. I started writing this when I knew very little about how life works but now I know quite a bit more. I wouldn't say I know it all but I know a bit, enough to have finally finished this story the way it needed to be. I wish you all that the year gets better and that this was a good round off for the story.

Thank you for reading and supporting me along this journey- I never knew nearly 50k reads was possible! I appreciate all the comments and I read them all. If you have any inquiries just ask in the comments :)

Until next time!
-Cato <3

HI OK LIL THING FROM FUTURE CATO (26/09/2021)

I KNOW THE BRITISH DON'T CELEBRATE THANKSGIVING BUT I DID IT CAUSE I CAN OK?? PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING I CAN CHANGE IT IF Y'ALL WANT BUT DAMN I WROTE THIS AAAGES AGO LMAO
okok, peace :)

edit 2, 11/06/2023
hey! its been years lmao, i didnt ever expect this to get this much traction? like wow, im surprised, honestly lmfao. i apologise for the confusing ass storyline?? like reading it back i am baffled and for all y'all who critiqued it thank you so much, its so appreciated to get another point of view <3
for those who want to see more? ill try and do something new, i have a few ideas of what could happen but i wouldnt get your hopes up
overall, thank you for the support, its hella appreciated and im so glad most of you liked it, im also thankful for the people who said what they didnt like! i wont rush the storyline as much and ill make it slower next time!
take it easy y'all :)
-Zeph <3