Scars

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"I thought that I'd been hurt beforeBut no ones ever left me quite this sore"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"I thought that I'd been hurt before
But no ones ever left me quite this sore"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

I woke up to the smell of fresh coffee and pancakes.

It was so strange waking up in Grimmauld Place, the walls were all dark and dreary but the fact that I was here with my family seemed to brighten the place significantly.

Laughter echoed from the kitchen area and I shuffled into it; walking past various portraits and dull tapestry's.

Remus was cooking just by waving his wand as Sirius spoke of a story about him pranking Snape, asking if Remus remembered it.

The laughter dimmed as they saw me. I stood uncertainly in the threshold of the door that connected the kitchen to the hallway-Sirius rose from his chair immediately and ushered me into a seat.

"Buttercup I..." Remus trailed off as he looked at my wounded face.

The wound was guaranteed to scar but I didn't care, Remus's scars were beautiful to me and I didn't blame him for a thing. He had no control and I know he'd never purposely hurt me-yet I saw the guilt and regret etched on his face in a grimace.

"It's okay." I stopped him, "you had no control, I don't blame you" I told him truthfully.

"It should've never happened. I never wanted to hurt you" Remus continued, ignoring my words and having his eyes glued to my wounded cheek.

He hung his head lowly and I scraped my chair back to wrap my arms around his waist. He was reluctant to hug me back until I tightened my grip and he finally enveloped me in a warm hug-I felt at home and safe.

"Love you Buttercup" Remus told me quietly.

"Love you too Dad" I smiled.

I sat back down next to Sirius who rubbed my back gently, his smile never leaving his face and mine remaining a huge grin.

Remus watched us and shook his head at our likeness. I suddenly remembered Harry and I craned my neck to look around the room for him, Sirius caught my look.

"Harry decided to stay with the Dursley's, said he wanted you and me to spend time together before he came to live with us" He informed me.

"Daft git" I smiled fondly.

"I think you'll find that's exactly what your father said" Remus mused.