Chapter 23: Missing you.

A few days have passed after our date.

I feel like I am still floating in the air. Everyone noticed it. Even Mark and Eric ask me what is new and I just grin at them. There is a permanent smile on my face.

I did not see Gideon for the last three days. It's okay because he is on an emergency business trip and he will be back the day after tomorrow. That's what I heard.

Even faced with that kind of news. It didn't dampen my mood at all.

In these situation I wish I have a cellphone so I can call him.

Wait.

I still have his number. I look at the back of my ID.

I can borrow someones phone to contact him!
What a bright idea Ella!

So the problem is who's cellphone I am gonna borrow? Mark and Eric is definitely out because they might call or memorize the number.

I know who's phone I am gonna borrow.

I went to the Olympus floor and look for Scott his secretary.

I found him on his office typing furiously on his laptop.

I knock on his door and when he saw me he gestures for me to enter his office.

"Hi Ella! What can I do for you?"

I hesitated for a second but there is nothing wrong in asking.

"I have a favor to ask you."

" Sure. What is it?"

"Can I borrow your phone?"

He looks puzzled by my request but nonetheless he gave me his phone.

"Uhmm..can you help me operate your phone? Because I don't know how.

He guide me to sit on his couch in the office and helps me use his phone.

"So what do you want to do?"

"If you don't mind I want to make a call?"

He nodded and proceeded to open his phone. I know his phone is a new model because he just put it in front of his face and it is opened already.

"What is the number?"

I dictated Gideon's number to him.

The minute he recognize the number he smirks at me.

"Ms. Ella making her move to the boss. I love it."

"Do you think it is okay if I do this? He might get angry."

"Nu uh. He will never get angry. He will love it so much he might increase my pay."

He told me to go to Gideons office before I make a call to have some privacy because according to him it might escalates whatever that means and before he close the door he smiles like He knows something that I don't know.

I press the call button as directed and place the phone on my ear waiting for him to answer my call.

In 3 rings I heard his voice.

"Rosen-Hower"

I froze what will I say?

"Scott is there something urgent that I need to know? If you remember this is my personal number"

"Uhmm." What will I say??

"This is not Scott. Who are you? Why are you using Scott's phone?"

"Gideon." There what a lame greeting.

I heard him gasp on the other line.

"Angel? Ella is that you? Are you alright?"

"Yes. I am alright. I just wanted to hear your voice."

"Dare I assume that you miss me Angel? I am sorry that I did not tell you that I am going to Germany for an unplanned business trip. What a bad boyfriend I must be."

I was going to reply when suddenly Scott's phone beeped.

I read that Gideon wants to facetime me..what ever that is. So I click ok.

Suddenly his face appeared on the phone. He is still on his suit minus the suit jacket and he is still gorgeous.

"Hi love."

Swoon! Who would not?

"You look beautiful."

Me? Beautiful? I am wearing my usual outfit. Shirt, pants and converse and of course my 5 year old eye glasses.

"You need your eyes check Gideon."

"You are breathtaking my love don't listen to others they are nothing compared to your beauty. So am I correct to assume that you miss me that's why you call me?"

"Yes." I admitted. There is nothing wrong in saying it.

"I wish I am with you now seeing that gorgeous blush on your cheeks upclose"

"Stop teasing me!"

He laugh because my face became redder if thats a word.

"When are you coming back?"

"I'll try to finish this meetings as fast as I can so that we can have another date."

"No. No! Take your time! I am just here. Waiting for you."

"Or do you want to go here? The jet can be ready in 30 minutes love. Just say the word."

If I say yes I can be in Germany in a few hours and meet Gideon there. Then what? What will I do while he was in a meeting? Nothing.

One more thing. A very important complication.

I have no passport.

Bummer.

" It is okay. I'll just wait for you here. No need to waste jet fuel."

"If you say so. Are you really okay? You are not hurt are you?"

"I am okay. You don't need to worry."

I saw a digital clock on his side and it reads 10pm. Shoot! I calls him late at night!

"Gideon?"

"Yes love? You want me to ready the jet?"

What a persistent guy.

"Maybe next time. It is past 10 already there. You must be tired already and here I am disturbing you so late at night. So I'll drop the call ok? So you can rest."

"Wait! Love. Please remember you can call me anytime you want. In fact I was happy that you called. My energy is replenish again and I might not sleep tonight just because I am giddy that you called me. I am excited to see you and I miss you terribly.
Before you end the call tell Scott he is getting a raise."

Speechless again. This man. No one can compare to him.