Chapter 43: A Flat Lip and a Black Eye

Chapter 43

A Flat Lip and a Black Eye

Titus parked the car outside my house. The lights were on. It was one o’clock in the morning, and the lights were on. My parents knew.

“My dad might have mentioned something by the looks of it.”

“Great now the alpha is going to chew me out too.” Taking off my seatbelt, I opened the door.

Titus met me, and we walked up the sidewalk to the house. My dad opened the door. once we reached the steps. The fury in his eyes turned to panic when he saw me.

“Oh my god, Aden.” He ushered us both inside.

My heart skidded when I saw Xavier sitting on the couch with my mother. She ran over to me as the alpha looked on.

“Aden,” she breathed, cupping my face. “Look what they did. Go sit down, I’ll get some ice.”

With my head bowed, I followed Titus into the living room. We sat on one couch while, our fathers took the longer one. My mother returned and squeezed in beside me and held the ice pack to my cheek.

“Who did this?” asked my dad.

I sucked in my lips and stared at the floor.

“Chris,” answered Titus.

“Did you do anything, Titus?” asked Xavier.

He nodded.

“In the kitchen.” The alpha led the way with his son close behind.

I scooted over, giving my mother more room. She just kept shaking her head and looking at me with tear filled eyes. Confusion filled her expression.

“Aden, whose blood is this?” She scanned my shirt.

“My, my nose was bleeding.” I glanced at my father, who looked uneasy himself. “Titus had some paper towels in his car.”

“Oh.” She calmed down and leaned against my side.

The voices coming from the kitchen were harsh, but hush, making it hard to understand what was being said.

I sighed. “I messed up again. Finally things were going okay, and I messed up.”

“Why would you ever go there, Aden?” asked my father, shaking his head. “You know how we feel about that place.”

“Chris,” I wiped my face. “Chris gave me the ticket and said he was going to pick me up. I was scared what he might do if I didn’t show.”

“He did plenty,” stated my father, staring off at the wall with his fist pressed against his lips.

My mother brushed back my hair. “Want to go upstairs and clean up?”

I nodded and went with her to my bathroom. I peeked into the kitchen when we passed and saw Xavier’s red face. Titus was leaning against the counter with his arms folded. Chris seeing Titus in werewolf form was my fault. I really hoped he didn’t get punished because of me.

My mother opened the door and ushered me inside. I sat down on the toilet seat as she rummaged around under the sink.

After wetting a wash cloth, she wiped down my face. “I really don’t understand how there’s so much blood in hair, but not a scratch on you.” She was checking every section of my head looking for wounds.

“I fell down,” I said softly. “I’m fine, mom, really.”

“I don’t believe that at all.” She lifted my chin. Once down, she stepped back. “Well nothing can be done from the bruises, or this lip. Unless you want to use some of my makeup.”