1•|ABOUT LILY|

|CHAPTER ONE|

~Take out my mind, Take all the joy out
Take me down, Take all the love now
Tie me away, burn me alive now
Take me down right now
But I'm sooo weak!~

(Song: listen to lonely by joeboy or delicate by Taylor swift)

~LILY~

School. . .

I hate the word school.

I distaste the word school, because unlike some other teenagers or students who think school is a place to socialize, a place to be educated, a place to meet future husband or wife, I think it's the opposite.

To me school was my own hell hole. My personal bully playground. What was there to socialize with when I got bullied every one hour? Did education really matter when I was emotionally damaged? all thanks to my bullies.

And husband? I scoffed at the thought. I'd probably never get married, since no one like me, because I stink.

1525

That's the number of days I'd spent in my secondary school, without making a single friend.

I was overwhelmed with my thoughts that I didn't know I was almost close to my school. I could see the humongous gate of my school, as I sat uncomfortably at the back of my Range Rover with the over cold AC blowing all over me. Sorrow took over my heart, because after a long holiday break I'd be in school again, this time in the next five seconds, as a final student.

"Lily, we are at your school already." Mr Uche, my personal driver told me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at him and saw him watching me intently.

"I'll get down soon." I muttered, clenching tightly unto the rope of my bagpack as I stared at the students already clustered in groups with smiles and joy evident on their faces, probably happy to see each other.

I felt a touch on my shoulder and I turned my head to see Mr Uche staring right at me, stretching almost half of his body to reach me, with worry written over his dark wrinkled face. I knew what he was about to say so I looked down, averting my gaze from his black doe eyes.

"Lily dear." He started and I looked up to him. "I want you to know that you are a very nice girl and no person on earth should make you feel the way you always feel." He said softly, his lips stretching to form a small smile.

"And, how do I always feel?" I asked him. He removed his hand from my shoulder and held my left hand, putting it in between his huge hands.

"Your classmates tell you that you are useless. That you smell," he replied, while I said nothing waiting for him to continue. "Lily, I have known you since you were in your junior class, and I've heard all the lies and rumors that are being passed around, that you smell. And Lily I've told you many times that you don't smell." He added.

I looked away again, feeling the tears swell up in my eyes. "Mr Uche, I appreciate everything you do for me, but I know you only tell me that I don't smell because you don't want to hurt my feelings." I stated, tears falling from my eyes.

He sighed, using his big thumb to wipe the tears rolling down on my cheeks and smiled. "Lily, if only you will just believe me and see yourself the way I see you. A kind hearted, beautiful young lady."

His words melted me and more tears fell from my eyes. Mr Uche, pulled me closer to his plumped chest and wrapped his arms around me, trying to console me. After what seemed like minutes of crying, he released me from his arms, tilted my head up to look into his eyes.