˗ˋ 47

CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY VISIT MADAME POMFREY

. . .

"Ced-" Rosie gasped, stepping forward as the Diggory boy stepped back, wincing as he rubbed at his knuckles.

"That hurt more than I was expecting it to." Cedric said - his tone somewhat of a half-hiss half-chuckle, and Rosie stared, open mouthed, between him and Theo on the floor.

A stream of blood was pouring out of his nose, and he wasn't passed out, but in a somewhat dazed state, not moving from his position on the floor but letting out groans every now and again.

"You- I.. Ced you hit him hard." Rosie exclaimed, turning to the Hufflepuff boy, who was still wincing over his knuckles, proof of Rosie's words. "And much as I would like to leave him on the floor bleeding, we need to take him to Madame Pomfrey." She said, and the Diggory boy nodded.

Theo was really out of it, and didn't say anything when Cedric hauled him over his shoulders - but if he wasn't as dazed as he was, he would most definitely be protesting this.

It was fine when they were in the empty part of the school - a place where if anyone saw them they would avert their eyes and not say a thing.

But when it came to crossing the Entrance Hall, people were staring like they had never seen someone injured their entire life. Rosie knew for a fact that soon enough, it would be spread across the entire school and rumours would be popping up in the next hour.

They came to the Hospital Wing, and Cedric pulled Theo in, holding him up whilst Rosie rushed to get Madame Pomfrey from her office, not informing her of the situation but just saying that he was injured.

"Mr Diggory, Miss Kersey, what is the meaning of this?" Madame Pomfrey pointed over to one of the beds, Rosie helping to pull him onto the mattress. "And which Durmstrang boy is this?" The nurse had absolutely no idea of any of the names of Durmstrang students, other than Krum of course.

"Theodosii - I'm not sure on his last name." Rosie said, looking nervous. "And well..." She trailed off, looking over to Cedric with no idea what to say.

"I punched him." Cedric shrugged, and Pomfrey gasped. "I might need something for my hand, Madame." He continued, like he had something completely normal.

"That can be sorted easily. Why, my dear, did you punch him?" It was somewhat clear to Rosie that even Madame Pomfrey knew Cedric well enough that he wouldn't punch anyone for no reason.

"He said some rather rude things, that I'm sure he didn't mean." Cedric glared at the boy, and a small smile formed on Rosie's face.

"And your involvement, Miss Kersey?" After all the years of Rosie being involved in the many pranks the twins played out, Madame Pomfrey didn't have as much of a soft spot for her.

"He called me a whore." Rosie shrugged, and Madame Pomfrey's jaw dropped, looking shocked. "Then Ced punched him."

"I see." The nurse said, looking between the two Hogwarts students and the almost pass out Durmstrang boy on the bed. "Well I'll get you some salve for your knuckles Mr Diggory, and I believe that you two will want to talk."

Rosie and Cedric glanced at each other as Madame Pomfrey disappeared into her storage room, returning with a small glass pot. "Apply it twice a day, or whenever needed." Pomfrey said, and Cedric thanked her, before they left the Hospital Wing.

Rosie was about to go back to the Entrance Hall, but with a quick tug of her sleeve, Cedric pulled her into one the quieter hallways. "I don't think that's the best idea." He suggested, and she nodded.

Instead, the pair walked down a corridor, down to a dead end. Cedric pulled her down into a small alcove in the wall, the both of them sitting down on the stone.

"You're not going to tell me off?" Cedric looked like he was expecting it, and was shocked when Rosie shook her head.

"No.. I'm just trying to take everything in. I never expected him to do that-" Rosie cut herself off and swallowed harshly. Because of the whole Cedric punching Theo thing, she hadn't really had time to process it.

And it hurt - it hurt to hear that someone she trusted felt like that about her. Rosie always had strong front on - Cedric had never really seen it broken down. But now was different.

"Oh Rosie." Cedric sighed and held out his arms, half expecting her to completely ignore him. But she didn't, she shifte closer towards him and hugged him, head resting his shoulder.

"We still need to talk, Ced." Rosie sniffed, and Cedric nodded, the movement alerting the girl of his answer.

"I know. But you're calling me Ced over anything else, so I think I can take anything you need to talk to me about now." Cedric shrugged and Rosie chuckled.

It was the happiest they had been together for a while.