Chapter 2 - SQUAD reunions

Qirat's POV

Days passed. And though Arif said it was a joke I think he may just be ready now..I took that as my que to start looking for rishtas for him. Ever since I've mentally considered several girls..but one thing or another kept making me reluctant..god was I this picky? But how could I not be it's my amazing son, anyone would be happy to have a guy like him and he totally needs a girl he deserves..I was mentally thinking about literally all the girls of considerable age..I don't know what happened but suddenly one particular girl came in mind. Picking up the house phone I dialled a number I hadn't dialled for a while.
"Asalamulaykum..pehchana?"

"Walaykumasalam. 'Pehchana?' seriously?...har do teen din bad sar kahney phone kar deti ho..thumari awaz kash me bhul sakta" Osama complained from the other side of the phone.

"Haan Haan! Bus! Me phone na karti kisi ko tho humara squad kabhi tikta nahi..aur wese bhi apse behas karne ke liye phone nahi kiya mene..Meri pyari bhabi ko phone dein"

"Hey"

"Hiiiii Saba how are you it's been so long...uff kher forget that I was thinking something maybe you should come to my house someday."

"Hmm yeah maybe we should all have a reunion"

"Haan apni judwa buryah ko bhi leyana aur Kiran ko bhi bulate he"

"Qiratttt! Hum tho na budhyaye Haan par Osama hogaye budheh hahah..me kya karu raam mujhe budah milgaya...ahahshs Osamaaaa! Me phone par bat karahi hu na!" Saba scolded her husband, this always happened, whenever I call them they usually spend most of my call arguing with each other.

"Uffo aap dono baad me larlena..filhal meri bat sunein..parso meryahan ana sahi hai..aur Maliha aur Abeeha ko bhi lana...Acha abh me rakhri hu aap log Aram se larein..allahahfiz" and I ended the call.
These monkeys, no matter how old they got they didn't mature the slightest, but they were still one of the best and purest people I had ever come across. And I have faith that their daughter Fariha would've taken after them well. Let's see where this goes.

———-
3POV

The old university friends group had finally reunited. Well not all of them made it since Kiran decided not to show up. The friends group was a close knit one, but Kiran somehow drifted away. Well it wasn't exactly unknown to them why she had drifted away. Back in university days Kiran had become very close, maybe a little too close to Osama. Kiran and Osama had some history, but a clash of religion made things hard for them. By the final year of university, Kiran married off to a fellow Sikh, as her family had liked her too. And during that tough time for Osama, Saba had helped him a lot as a true friend purely.

The friendship was taken a step further with time and now they both were one of the most adorable couples one had seen. They were a perfect example of a 'Tom and Jerry' couple; couldn't let each-other live at peace, but cannot live without each-other too. Saba and Osama had two sweet daughters; Maliha aged 21 and Abeeha aged 16.

Saba's twin sister; Sarah on the other hand became much more serious about her career. And after completing BSC with the rest of the squad she flew off to Japan assisting a renown scientist in some Oncology studies. She had met a reverted native Japanese man there and tied the knot with him. Just a few years ago she moved back to Pakistan, with her family. Her family consisted of her, her husband Jamal and their 10 year old son Daud.

The old group of friends occupied the main part of the living room, whilst their children sat surrounding a coffee table playing chess. Well they weren't really playing, more acting to play, since non of them really knew how to play it. But the managed to enjoy themselves.

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें