Thirty-three

Omniscient

Ahsha laid upstairs in bed sound asleep when Ares got home. He walked in and went straight to the kitchen to grab a drink. His eyes fell to the knife that rested on the counter and a single drop of blood that sat on the island. I grabbed the knife smelling it. "Ahsha." He hummed closing his eyes. He grabbed his phone calling Aaron and Khalil inside. Several minutes passed when he heard their footsteps near.

"What is this?" Ares asked staring the two men down. Both men looked at each other before looking at their boss. "I won't ask again," Ares said in a low dark voice. "Miss. Saleem—" Khalil paused. Both men knew that if they told him they would be betraying Ahsha but if they didn't tell Malik something, he'd kill them. "She tried to hurt herself tonight sir," Aaron said. Ares's eyes widened. "What?" He snapped in disbelief. "She wouldn't." He said. "She did, sir. We came into the kitchen to see her holding the knife to her neck." Khalil said playing along. "We had to talk her down for a while before she would drop the knife," Aaron said.

Ares dropped the knife rushing up the stairs. He burst into the room to find Ahsha sleeping with their dogs curled up next to her. Ares walked towards her side of the bed to see the bruised flesh that surrounded the now healing cut. His jaw clenched at the sight. 'Still believe she's happy?' Malik's taunting voice rang through his head.

Ahsha

A day had passed since I confronted Khalil and Aaron. And in the span of a day, Malik had been watching me closely. When I first woke the next morning, he had questioned me about the cut on my neck. I simply told him it was an accident and he seemed to drop it after that, but he was watching me closely.  I felt eyes on me as I slept. I knew it was just him but the more he stared at me the more uncomfortable I became. I rolled over slowly opening my eyes to see Malik looking at me. I sat up looking at him.

"You've been watching me a lot lately," I said. "Just waiting to see if you're going to tell me what really happened with your neck." He said. His face was completely void of any emotions that I couldn't get a read on him. I was aware that he could hear any shift in my breathing or if my heart rate picked up, so I tried to remain calm.

"I told you it was an accident," I said again. "I understand it was an accident, but you have to tell me why." He said. I looked at him not understanding. "What?" I asked. "Aaron and Khalil told me what happened." He explained. I nodded my head. "They did?" I hummed looking away from him. "Yes. Are you having—thoughts?" He asked sounding uncomfortable. I forced the laughter down that desperately want to escape. He could kill people without thinking but the thought of me wanting to hurt myself made him uncomfortable. "I—" I sighed falling silent. He stood walking towards me sitting at my side. "We can handle this. You're not alone." He said cupping my cheek. As much as I hated him right now his touch still sent a rush through my body. His scent lit my body on fire. I closed my eyes taking a breath. "What do you need from me?" Malik asked.

Recently his presence had been affecting me differently. I shook my head crawling away from him to catch my breath. He stood looking at me across from the bed "I'm fine. It was just a moment of weakness." I said. He looked at me with scrunched brows before a low hum ripped through his chest. Heat coursed through my body. "The doctor said this might happen." He said as Ares's voice spoke through the air. "What might happen?" I asked. "Your body as it changes your desires would increase." He said. Desires? What the—it wasn't until I felt the ache radiating from between my legs that it hit me. I looked back up at Malik. "The added mixture of my DNA would also affect you. Your inhibitions would lower and your carnal desires would rise. I just never thought one of those desires could be to hurt yourself." He continued. "I—" "He said you would need to find a release from the extra energy or you could go mad." He said.