Allodynia | Aarya2103

BLURB:

BLURB:

Allodynia: A condition that causes pain due to a stimulus that does not normally provoke pain.

-----------------------------------------------

Jessica Lennox is a girl having a rare condition which is known as Allodynia. She always has to stay on her toes. It isn't easy to live with this condition.

- - -

Chase Hendrix is the mysterious guy in Jessica's high school. He never talks with anyone. He is the type of guy that you should rather stay away from.

* * *

But what happens when fate puts these two together?

What if Jessica's condition decides to make Chase an exception?

What happens when Jessica is told that they might actually have to save the world!

What happens when Jessica gets to know that the future of the entire world lies in their hands!

***

YOUR COVER: (7/10) I really do like the photo used for the cover. However, it doesn't really have anything to do with your story at all except for the fact that there is a girl. If you don't have an indication on your cover to what your story is about, it's going to attract the wrong audience for your book. Then, your readers won't stay because they'd get a different impression to what your book is about from your cover rather than its contents. There are a lot of extremely talented cover artists on Wattpad that can design your cover for free and still make it relevant to your story if you take the time to describe what you want to them.

YOUR TITLE: (10/10) The title is perfect for your story, considering that Allodynia is a disease your main character suffers with. It doesn't give off a wrong impression of your story, and it made total sense when I read your first chapter. A perfect ten out of ten.

YOUR BLURB: (3/5) Your blurb has to be something significant to the reader that will hook them in and want to read more. Furthermore, your blurb should make them interested with only a few sentences. You did a nice job at keeping your blurb considerably short, but there are a lot of details that can be left out or played up. Here is my take on your story: "Nobody can touch Jessica Lennox. Nobody can hold her hand without igniting her nerves on fire. Nobody can hug her without her rare skin condition getting in the way. Nobody except for Chase Hendrix." It may not be the best blurb, but it's short, simple, and describes your story in a few sentences. It only has the important details relevant to the plot. The rest should stay hidden for your readers to discover through your story. And don't be afraid to use sensory detail and imagery to make the reader feel the pain that Jessica feels (like "igniting her nerves on fire"). This will make them want to click on your story.