43. After Party

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓪𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽𝔂

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

"HOW ARE YOU FEELING?" LUNA ASKED

Jackie shifted her crimson red eyes to Luna's similar ones. Even if they were a couple of feet apart from each other, the brunette was utterly amazed about the fact that she could see her own reflection from the dirty-blonde vampire's eyes. It was as if her eyesight was cranked up a hundred times better.

"Like I can see my previous home in London from here." Jackie replied.

A positively surprised smile took place on the tinted lips of the brunette newborn as she roamed her red eyes around the room to scan the faces of her family members.

She was still in a state of disbelief that she was now a vampire. She was just thinking about becoming a vampire just a few days ago and now she was one. And it was both way better and worse than she had imagined. Better in terms of all the enhanced senses that made everything more convenient, however, worse when it comes to dealing with her urges.

"Do you feel anything different? Something out of the ordinary?" Edward asked, his one arm wrapped in his wife's waist who was holding their daughter in her arms.

"Everything's out of the ordinary, Edward." Jackie responded with her eyebrows furrowed.

"What Edward was trying to say is if there's any chance that you might have developed any special ability. Like Alice being able to foresee the outcomes of decisions or Valerie being able to tap into people's fears." Esme explained, making it more understandable.

Jackie raised her eyebrows in realization, once again examining the facial expressions of everyone around her which resembled that of curiosity and expectation.

"Well, I don't feel anything different at the moment." The brunette answered.

Everyone in the room shared glances before the telephone rang, echoing in their ears before Jasper took it upon himself to answer it considering he was the nearest.

"Hello?" Jasper said after answering the phone.

Thanks to everyone's enhanced hearings, they were able to listen in on the phone call and it turns out, it was Carlisle on the phone.

"I just want to say that Charlie's stable now and he just woke up a few minutes ago asking for his daughters." Carlisle said.

After overcoming the hard part in saving Charlie's life last night, Carlisle and Jacob transferred Charlie to the hospital where he could get more of the medical help he needs to nurse him back to recovery.