Chapter 44/45 Combined ✓

Quinn

I watch as Carter leaves with my mom before I turn and go to meet Xander and our Beta's. We needed to discuss what to do with Tyler. He is currently sitting in our prison in the basement of the pack house. Procedure called for us to bring the prisoner in front of the council for them to hold trial and decide his fate.

Lucky for us, this procedure is meant mostly for wolves. Tyler is now considered a Lycan, the first legitimate one anyone has ever captured. Alive that is. In my mind, and if this comes back to bite me in the ass, it's exactly how I will justify my decisions, but this means that we do not have to follow proper procedure. I'm sure the council will not be happy when they find out that we had made the decision without consulting them, but consequences be damned.

I will take full responsibility for the actions today if it comes down to it. Xander and I agreed to hold a meeting with the higher ranks of our packs to see if we could come to an agreement on what we should to with Tyler.

The man who dared to touch what is mine. What is Xander's. My blood boils when I think about his hands on her, and I still see red when I remember the scent of her fear mixed with her arousal.

So many things I wish I could take back in my life. If I had known how things would have turned out - that Carter would end up in the arms of another man, in another mans bed, because I wasn't forthcoming with everything and ended up hurting her, I would have sat her down and explained everything right off the bat.

I would have had her marked, mated and carrying one of our pups by now. Fated mate be damned, there is no woman out there who is more made for me or Xander than Carter. A wide smile spreads across my face when I picture her round with our heir.

DNA be damned if the pup is Xander's then it is still mine too. We will have an entire litter of pups running around here and eventually one of them is bound to be my own. If not, then I was not destined for my own, and I will still be the best dad to all our pups.

Everyone is in the conference room waiting for us, Alpha. My Beta's voice rings through my mind.

Taking a deep breath, I walk through the house quietly and stop before a large set of closed doors. I take a much needed moment to gather myself. As an alpha, I can't show just how shaken I am over this. I need to be in as much control as I possible. I cannot let my anger dictate the decision we make today.

I can't allow the others to agree to execute Tyler based on how Xander and I feel alone. I want the decision to be based on his actions as a whole and I realize that this needs to be a fully unanimous decision. The last thing I ever want is for Carter to find out that we had made the decision to end someone's life because of our emotions. No matter what kind of horrible things they have done.

Before Carter, I would have ended his life myself without a second thought. I'm not a malicious man but I would not have hesitated for ending a life of someone who brought harm to myself or someone I loved. Carter is not accustomed to our way of life yet. It wasn't normal to take a life in her world. I don't ever want her to look at me with fear in her eyes. Or worse, for her to think that we were murderers.

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, I reach for the handle, throwing the door open and walk into the room. All eyes turn to me as I take my seat at the head of the table.

"Alright gentlemen. Let's get things sorted, shall we?"

⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅