Chapter 3

I throw my clothes on the bed, frustrated because nothing fits like it used to. I'm getting bigger on my hips and my breasts are slightly growing.

As much as I wished for this, now I am not so sure I want to change my wardrobe just because of a couple of curves and pounds I gained.

I usually don't wear dresses, skirts are fine but pants are the most comfortable for me. I don't own many dresses except for special occasions, so it makes it even harder to find a dress now.

I pick up a beige dress and I carefully arrange it on the bed near the other messy clothes. I take a few glances at it and then I look at the back of the dress, which is completely backless— it seems a bit too much for me. How did this dress even get here?

I look at the other jet black dress, slightly glittery and my eyes wander to the beige dress again, it's simple in the front but quite endearing from the back. I think I might go out of my way at least for my last party.

I pick up the chosen dress and I grab the kitten heels I threw on the floor near the bed. I am not the best at walking in heels so I don't want to push my luck with higher heels. The black perfectly goes with the jacket I am thinking of wearing in case it gets too chilly—which I doubt since I have to be home barely by 1 AM.

I brush my teeth and wash my face, then I apply a bit of moisturizer and some makeup that accentuates my features. I put the dress on and then the jacket so I can hide from my parents the slit in the back.

I fit my feet into the tight heels and I take a last glance at my reflection before leaving. The dress is tight around my body and it is a bit too small.

I look pretty, not too stunning as everyone who attends parties with college people, but for me, it is more than enough. It is out of my comfort zone.

My parents are dining out tonight, they usually do this every Saturday, we aren't rich and they don't pay much for the meals, they just find it important to spend time together away from home. It does bring them closer, they rarely fight and even when they do, it's over before you know it. I think I received a good education from them.

Me: I'm ready, you can come now.

I send it to Louis and Nicole.

I never met her cousin before. I don't think she hangs out with him that much.

I'm waiting outside the door and a silver car pulls in front of my house. I walk to the rear door and greet his dad. Nicole is already inside.

After five minutes we arrive in front of a spacious house with an even bigger yard and swimming pool.

"Take care, kids," his dad says and we nod. "Louis, come home before 2 AM, I've been generous enough." We will take a cab anyway.

We are at the door and Nicole's cousin greets us and invites us to enter.

"I'm Dominic, by the way," he says as he grins and looks at me. He probably already knows Louis.

Dominic is a really pretty name. I think he is around 19 years old? I'm not sure.

This house is full, probably too full. They are going to party until tomorrow morning. It's already too much being here for five minutes.

It's not that I hate parties, but I don't love them. I'd rather be home watching a Netflix show. Nicole used to think this way too.

I wonder who's the college boy. I don't know older people. I just hang out with my friends and some people from my classes.

We go to grab a drink and I just ask for London dry gin. Not too strong.

"I would have preferred water to be honest." I sigh and look at Dominic dancing with a pretty curly-haired girl.

"Water? Don't be boring, Ronnie. Just drink today, please." I laugh at Nicole's remark and Louis just seems absent-minded.

The damn song is so loud I can't even hear anything.

"Who is the birthday boy? The guy who turns 21?" I ask Nicole, but she seems already tipsy. She did two shots of vodka and Louis had gin too.

Just realized we didn't even bother to buy him a gift, we will probably give some money to Dominic.

"His name is Derek or something, and he is there," She points to the corner and he has a drink in his hand while he is chatting with Dominic and that curly-haired girl. He starts laughing at something the girl said. Even from this distance, I can tell how bright his smile is and how much his laughter fills the room despite the loud music.

Wow, his laugh seems contagious.

I've been dancing with Nicole for a bit and now we are going for a few other shots. If I keep going I'll get drunk. Well, I decided to just go with it. Only this night. Louis went to the bathroom and he has barely spoken today.

"What's happening with Louis?" I talk loudly trying to get Nicole to hear me and she keeps telling me to raise my voice. Then we just end up laughing cause we can't understand anything.

We go to another room and the music is lower here.

"Where is Louis?" she asks.

"I was asking you about that" I explain, "I haven't seen him in the past half hour, he has been acting weird."

I am concerned about him.

"I'll go talk to him," as I say this we go to the living room and James enters right at that moment. Oh, God, here comes the trouble.

Nicole goes straight up to him and he just smirks. He knows he has her wrapped around his finger. I hate him so much. She takes a few more shots and she starts dancing with him. She is intoxicated already.

I knock on every door and I burst in only when no one replies. I don't wanna walk in on some hormonal teenagers having sex.

I finally find Louis in the kitchen, he is beyond drunk and he's laying his head on the table. I don't understand how I didn't even find him before.

The kitchen is near the living room. I usually get a headache when I get tipsy, I don't handle alcohol well.

I go to him and call his name as I try to get him to stand up.

"Veronica?" he asks with his eyes closed, he barely stands up.

"Yes, I am here. Don't worry." We look at each other. He has the prettiest eyes, I'm losing myself in them and I never know what to say.

"I- I want to talk to you about... something, I can't hold it in anymore," his low voice gives me tingles and he caresses my face. My whole body is trembling, I would not be able to move even if I wanted to.

"Of course, what is it?" He brings his face closer to mine, so close I can feel his breath on my lips. The whole room is spinning, it must be the alcohol, or it's just how damn close he is to me. I can smell the gin on his lips, the fresh soap on his body, and the cologne he always wears.

Before I get more time to think about the proximity of our bodies, he aggressively presses his lips against mine.

I'm completely in shock and I can feel my cheeks on fire. I probably look like a tomato right now.

I let my instincts take the best of me even when I know it's not right. We are just friends.

I put my hand on the back of his neck and I kiss him with a burning passion. I know we shouldn't do this, I don't know how we got to this point, but I don't want to ever stop and I just want to feel his lips on mine over and over again.

——

Thank you so much for reading ♡
It means the world to me, writing this story brings so much joy into my life.
Please don't forget to vote and let me know what you think about Veronica and Louis. Did you see it coming? What do you think Nicole's reaction will be?