Excluded

Song: Visions Of Gideon by Sufjan Stevens

It didn't hit Louis how much he was enjoying his new life until he was thrown back into his old one. The contrast between his dull home and the lively boarding school had never been more apparent as he walked the silent halls of the manor.

Harry had been hunched over the toilet bowl the morning after the party when Louis was informed that Professor Filch was awaiting his arrival in his office.

"Go Louis. I'll be fine" Harry had managed to croak out before another wave of nausea hit him, causing him to bury his head back into the toilet whilst Louis cringed at the coughs and gags echoing around the bathroom.

He was reluctant to leave the poor boy who had a raging hangover. Louis had promised Gemma the previous night that he would take care of Harry until she returned in the morning, and he was adamant on keeping his promise.

"You're not fine. Filch can wait" He had replied as he held Harry's fringe back from his sweaty forehead, trying his best to ignore the faint smell of sick lingering in the air.

After ten more minutes of back and forth bickering between moments of Harry emptying his stomach, Louis had finally been convinced that the boy would be alright without him and that he shouldn't keep Filch waiting any longer. He brought Harry his bottle of water and the box of paracetamol before leaving the room.

As he made his way to Filches office a sinking feeling had settled in his stomach, and his intuition told him that this punishment wasn't likely to just be a detention. He knew his teachers' patience was wearing thin with the amount of trouble he had caused since his first day at the prestigious school, and he was like a cat with nine lives with the amount of warnings he had been given. He wasn't quite sure himself how he had gotten away with it for so long.

With the amount of times he had been threatened to be sent home he realised the likeliness of it becoming a reality was prominent. And though he had only been in counselling for a couple of weeks now, he could only assume that Filch was losing hope in his own strategy.

He still didn't think it was fair. The teachers failed to see the reasonings behind the trouble he had caused, and each time he fucked up it was for a valid reason that was apparently irrelevant to them. It wasn't like he was trying to cause drama. He didn't act on anything without a reason, and it irritated him that any time he tried to do good it was only ever seen as the opposite.

Perhaps he could talk his way out of being sent home like he had done so many times before, he reasoned. Maybe if he explained the situation and his good intentions then Filch would go easy on him? He had a soft spot for Harry, that was clear, so maybe that could earn him some points in his favour.

He knew not to get his hopes up. The chances of that working was little to none, especially if his fathers eagerness to have him back home had anything to say about it.