Chapter 46/47 Combined ✓

Xander

Carter is still with the healer and from what we have all heard from Serena upon her return, Carter's expressing interest to learn more. My heart swells at the thought. She is going to make an incredible Luna.

Little did she know, the pack members have already opened their hearts to her. Carter is winning over our people left, right and center and isn't even aware of it.

She will make an incredible healer as well. She is compassionate and would be able to manage the heavier situations with perfect stride. I'm so proud of her already.

I sit outside on the porch talking with a few of my pack members while I wait for Carter to return. I want her to be comfortable around everyone and I thought that a barbecue before tomorrows ceremony might put some of her fears at bay.

The pups are running around laughing and screaming and I find myself excited about the prospect of becoming a father with Quinn and Carter. A relationship between three people may be unconventional to a human, and while it is super rare for the Moon Goddess to bless more than one person with the same mate, it isn't something that werewolves would balk at.

Quinn wants to pull Carter aside and explain to her the risks of being marked by a werewolf before the barbeque, but I convicted him to wait. She deserves a night to just relax and breathe before we drop yet another bomb shell on her.

There's a chance that her risks are higher due to the fact that she will be given not one, but two marks. Werewolves aren't like vampires, we don't have venom, but our saliva has the potential to cause more harm then good when it comes to humans. Once a human is marked, the bond between the two would be solidified, a mental communication link is established, as well as their lifelines become tied.

There is the chance that Carter's body may not take to the change very well. Some humans handled it flawlessly, it was as if their bodies were meant to be a werewolf from the beginning, while others rejected the link and bond which killed both human and werewolf.

Carter is strong. One of the strongest humans I know and if anyone would take to the bond, it's her. Quinn and I know the risks. We know that there is a chance none of us would make it out alive, but we were willing to risk it all to be with her.

Truthfully, I didn't think it would be a problem. The Goddess has blessed a connection with us, blessed Carter through the three planetary alignments to which she was born. For us to go through everything we had to be together, just to die during the bonding? I couldn't see that happening.

Quinn and I sat down with Xavier a few hours ago and discussed what would happen if we didn't survive the ceremony just to be safe. Xavier knows he would have to step up and be the Alpha that our packs needed. He seemed a little off when we talked, and I thought that it could have been the fact that Xavier never wanted to be Alpha, but the more the conversation went on, the deeper this look of excitement built. He almost seemed manic, and it set me on edge.

A weird sense of tension built in my chest as the conversation went on. It was almost as if Xavier hoped that we wouldn't make it through the building of the bond. I had never felt anything but love between my twin and I, but he wasn't the same person he was before he was taken and that was more than understandable.

I shake off the feeling of discomfort and put it to my nerves about the ceremony. Xavier agreed without hesitation that if anything happened, he would step up and become the Alpha and Quinn seemed more than satisfied with that.

A hand being placed on my shoulder removes me from my thoughts and I turn to see the most gorgeous woman smiling down at me. I stand wrap my hands around her waist and pull her flush to my body.