Chapter Eighty Five

"You're back" Hermione smiled, pulling me into a quick hug, "How was it?"
"Bloody tiring. Healer Fitz had me running around like I was a relay racer" I huffed, flopping on to the sofa, "I learnt a lot though, and it's now on my record that I've done a whole week under that sadist's watch"
Hermione laughed, before nodding her head towards the coffee table, "Beth sent an owl yesterday, it's on the table there - oh, and Fred sent you one as well. I don't know why though, considering we'll be seeing them tomorrow"
"It's romantic, Herman" I sighed, opening his letter, "See? It says that he hopes I burn alive, what a flirt"

"What?" She yelled, grabbing the letter out of my hand, "Why would he say that?""I sent him a new candy I was trying, it would've given him warts for a few hours" I grinned, "he must've fallen for it, the idiot"She stared at me incredulously, befo...

"I sent him a new candy I was trying, it would've given him warts for a few hours" I grinned, "he must've fallen for it, the idiot"
She stared at me incredulously, before shaking her head and walking upstairs, "I'm going to finish packing. You... yeah"
I snorted, moving to open the letter from Beth.

Dear Emily,
It is with great misfortune that I inform you that I'm bored as SHIT in this house. Ebony's not coming for another week and my parents are walking around me like I'm going to break any second.
Did they find me sobbing on the toilet? Yes
Does that mean that I'm inconsolable? No
It was a just a sad shit! I'm allowed those last time I checked. Anyway, just writing to let you know I'm going insane.
Lots of love,
Beth
P.S if you could send me any of those joke sweets it'd be appreciated. I want to use them on Henry down the road, the stuck up prat.

I chuckled, folding her letter up and placing it into my pocket, making a mental note to write back before leaving for the Burrow.

I hugged my mum one last time before moving my bags into the fireplace, floo power clutched in my hand.
"Have a good time in France" I smiled, before throwing down the powder and clearly speaking, "The Burrow"
Discomfort surrounded me for a moment, tumbling forwards into Fred's awaiting arms.
"Hello gorgeous" Fred grinned, placing a kiss on my forehead, "Missed you"
"It's been a week" I giggled, pecking his lips quickly before pulling my bags out from the fireplace, "I heard you liked my present"
"About that-"
Before Fred could get to me, George launched himself at me, "Emily!"
"Georgina!"
As the Weasley's descended on to me, Hermione arrived, immediately being dragged to the side by Ron.
As I stepped back from Mrs Weasley's embrace, I grinned.
"It's great to be back"
"It's lovely to see you, dear. I made those pastries you liked last time you came - to celebrate your time working at the hospital"
My smile grew, pulling her back into a hug, "I - that means so much, thank you Molly"
She just patted my cheeks fondly, bustling over to greet Hermione as Fred and George came back to my side.
"She's been slapping our hands away from them all morning" George complained, dragging me towards the kitchen with focused intent, "You better be hungry"
I pretended to consider the offer, cutting off the pretence at his glare.
"Don't think I've forgotten about those sweets. I'll get you back when you least expect it" Fred whispered, leaning down to speak into my ear, running off ahead of us and stuffing a pastry in his mouth smugly.
"I'll remember that" I replied airily, "so, what did you do this week?"
George grabbed two pastries, inhaling another, and began talking through a snowstorm of crumbs, "Well, we started refining the indoor firework plans, all thanks to that silencing charm-"
"You're welcome"
Fred rolled his eyes, chuckling as he picked up where George left off, his twin shoving yet another pastry in his mouth.
"They're now exploding in multicolour, but not lasting as long as we want. The money for the joke shop and the money Harry gave us is enough for property in Diagon Alley"
"What? That's amazing!" I cried, jumping up and down in joy, "You could buy it as soon as the year's out!"
"Buy what, dear?"
The twins froze, Molly's voice suddenly appearing behind us.
"Uh-"
"Can't be spoiling the surprise Molly" I smiled, picking up a pastry, shoving it in my mouth and picking up my bags.
"We'll be in our room" Fred added, hand falling on to my lower back, guiding me to the stairs, "Mind calling us when Lee gets here mum?"
She looked at us suspiciously, waving us away with a huff, "I'll shout for you"