Sixteen||Dragons of the Storm

My dream with Alec consisted of further dissecting my abilities. After I explained to him what happened today with the dragon and how I healed its broken wing with just the touch of my fingers, he set onto a determined path to figure out exactly what happened and how I did it.

"I don't know, Alec!" I said in frustration. "I felt a desire to heal the dragon and I just touched him and he healed." I plopped myself on a log. I also remembered the desire to break the wing further, but I decided not to mention that part just yet.

"You felt a desire?" He said in a condescending tone. "Anyone can feel the desire to heal someone, but they don't always possess that ability."

I sputtered for words. "There was this sensation in me." I could see he still wasn't happy with my response. "When I saw the broken wing, it felt like every bone in my body was pushing me towards the dragon. My mind was telling me that I could heal him and once I made contact with the dragon, I felt the desire grow and then the wing was healed and he flew away." I wasn't sure how much more specific I could get. "That's all I know."

Alec stared deeply, focusing on nothing. He then snapped his gaze to me and without warning, he brought a knife to his arm and sliced a large gaping wound into his flesh.

I got up and told yelled at him. "What are you doing?" Blood ran down his arm in a fast waterfall. It dripped onto the ground and pooled quickly into a puddle.

"Do you feel anything?" He said forcefully.

I scrambled to find words as my mind was reeling with worry. "I-" But I couldn't find the words. "I don't know!"

Alec then proceeded to slice another large gash in his arm. "Stop butchering yourself!" I yelled, moving towards him. I grabbed his arm in my hands, which were soon sticky with blood.

"Do you feel anything?" He extended his arm more fully. I looked at his arm and something inside of me stirred slightly, but it wasn't as powerful as when I had seen the dragon's broken wing.

"I think so." I tried willing the wounds to heal, but nothing happened. "I can't do it!" I felt defeated. His flesh was gaping open and the blood was pooling out and yet, the sensation within me was barely there. "I don't know what to do!"

He threw me off of his arm and held the knife up high. With a final stare that was as hard as stone, he brought down the knife into his abdomen. I jumped forward, but it was too late. The knife had sliced deep into his flesh. A steady stream pooled his clothing.

"What are you doing?" I yelled again, watching as he threw the knife onto the ground. "You're going to kill yourself."

"Not if you heal me." He sunk forward and kneeled on the ground.

I watched in desperation as the blood seeped into his clothing and dripped onto the ground. "I don't know how!" I felt useless as I just watched him.

"Just focus and clear your mind." He forced out through gritted teeth. He was trying to sound calm but, I could clearly hear the pain lacing his words. "And don't let me die."

I fell to my knees in front of him, thinking about how I would be able to calm my mind's thoughts in such a situation.

"Don't make me stab myself again." His laugh was forced. He began to cough and blood speckled his lips.

"Okay, okay." I breathed out shakily. My hands were held uselessly in front of me. They shook as I kept watching the blood pool from his wounds.

I searched for that sensation inside of me. In my mind, I knew I wanted to heal his wounds, but I didn't know how to put it to use. Come on, Navi. I willed my power to come forward, but it stayed put in the pit of my stomach. It almost felt like it was taunting me, dancing around my grasp so I couldn't hold onto it.