Epilogue

"Ladies and Gentlemen of Republic City," The Council Chairwoman said. "I proudly present our newest General."

The man in red that was standing a few feet back took a step forward briefly, before returning to his upright posture.

"Not only our newest General, but a brave young man who, in two short years, has climbed the ranks and become our youngest General in United Forces History."

The soldier squared his shoulders.

"I present, General Iroh," The woman said, gesturing to the soldier in red.

Iroh stepped forward and the Council clapped, which quickly ignited the crowd with a thunder roll of clapping.

Iroh held down a laugh when he heard Bumi's adrenaline powered cheer from just off stage.

"Commander Bumi," Tenzin said. "Would you please do the honors?"

"Gladly councilman Windbag," Bumi said, walking up the steps.

He walked to Iroh, pride engulfing his eyes.

Iroh couldn't help but smile, relieved his father wasn't angry that he was now above the older man.

"Congrats Little Dragon," Bumi whispered, attaching a pin to Iroh's coat. "You earned it."

"Thanks Dad," Iroh smiled weakly.

Bumi saluted him.

Iroh returned it.

Bumi marched to the other end of the stage and stood at attention.

"Is there anything you'd like to say General?" The chairwoman asked.

Iroh looked at the crowd seeing all the familiar faces.

"I would like to say," Iroh raised his head. "I didn't make it here on my own. In this crowd, I see many faces of the people who, during my time in service, have been my greatest allies. They taught me a lot during our time out on the open sea."

He looked to his friends, who sat together in the middle of the crowd.

"And I wouldn't trade a single moment for anything," He smiled.

They all returned the smile.

Iroh looked to his family, feeling his heart swell when he saw Suki sitting in their Grandfather's lap.

Zuko held his hands around her and kissed her cheek.

Suki smiled wide, waving enthusiastically when she realized he was looking at them.

He laughed weakly, raising his hand in return.

"I would also like to thank my family for their unconditional support. My first deployment didn't exactly go as anticipated, I'll admit, I ran away because I was afraid of what they would think of me becoming a soldier, but, I'm happy to say, they are always supporting me even when I wasn't expecting it."

"He's talking about me!" Suki called out, creating a chorus of laughter from the crowd.

"That's my baby sister everybody," Iroh smiled. "My biggest supporter since the night I left. She's a smart little girl, full of surprises. One of which being, she's already halfway to her Master Airbender tattoos."

The crowd clapped for the girl.

"At least one of us will be a master of something!" Suki stuck her tongue out.

Iroh snorted, covering his mouth.

"Don't worry ladies, he's taken already," Suki teased.

Bumi threw his head back and laughed.