11 - Catching Up

Harry began to make his way outside once again. He looks around for his Godson, Teddy. This was going to be the biggest day of Teddy's life, and he doesn't even know it yet.

   Remus and Tonks died when Teddy was only 1 month old. Leaving Teddy in the care of his Grandmother, Andromeda, and his Godfather, Harry.

   However as Teddy and the Potter family were visiting the Burrow, two unexpected visitors showed up at the door.

   Remus and Tonks were alive.

   And they weren't the first to return.

   "Teddy, could you come here for a moment?" Harry called.

   Teddy stopped his conversation with Victorie and made his way over.

   He followed Harry to a part of the outside of the house so nobody could overhear.

   "Hey Teddy. There's something you need to know." Harry began.

   "Yes?" Teddy asked. He looked confused.

   "You know how my Mum and Dad came back?" Harry asked.

   Teddy nodded. His eyes lit up.

   "You don't mean-" Teddy began. He suddenly stopped and watched as Harry slowly nodded.

   "Yeah. It's them." Harry told him.

   Nervous about Teddy's reaction, Harry watched his Godson.

   Teddy's eyes began to water and a smile stretched across his face. Teddy couldn't believe it.

   Teddy jumped up at Harry. Hugging him tightly. His body seemed to move on its own. He wasn't sure how to react.

   Harry hugged Teddy just as tight. He knew exactly how he was feeling. It's hard to process.

   "You'll go with me?" Teddy asked nervously.

   "Of course." Harry smiled.

   "Ginny too?" Teddy asked.

   "She's already over there." Harry told him.

   Teddy followed Harry inside. The two of them began to walk to the front.

   Butterflies began to flutter in his stomach. He was so nervous. He was glad Harry told him before he went inside, because he was sure he would've blacked out otherwise.

   "Remus. Tonks." said Harry.

   Remus and Tonks turned around. They looked at Harry and then immediately turned to the blue haired boy standing beside him.

   Tonks' eyes filled with tears and Remus froze. They looked at each other.

   Suddenly Teddy ran over to his parents. Wrapping his arms so tightly around them. He never wanted to let go.

   It was a dream come true.

   Tonks continued to cry. Her son was so grown up. She looked at his bright blue hair.

   Teddy looked up at his mother and watched as her hair changed to match his. The two of them laughed.

   Teddy turned towards Remus. He looked at him. Remus pulled him closer. Hugging him tightly.

   This was real.

   Teddy looked back at Harry and Ginny. He ran back over to them and hugged them both with all his might.

Remus and Tonks watched. They could tell that Harry and Ginny loved Teddy so much. As if he was their own son.

• • •