12 - Questions

The Potters, Sirius, Teddy, Remus and Tonks all went back to Grimmauld Place at the end if the day.

They planned for Andromeda to pick Teddy up from Grimmauld Place on Sunday since they would be getting home a little late. However they had no idea the kind of night they were about to have.

   "Hey Harry." Lily called. Harry turned around.

   "Yes?" asked Harry. He looked at his mother.

   "Well. It's been two weeks, and we know nothing about the years we've missed. None of us know much about your past." Lily explained.

   "We're all talking. And we think it's time we get some answers." James told his son.

   Sirius, Remus and Tonks nodded in agreement.

   Harry looked at Ginny. His past was something he both enjoyed and hated to thing about. It was full of both happy and terrible memories.

   Ginny nodded. Harry knew he had to tell them eventually.

   "I knew this was coming, and it's something you all deserve to know." Harry told them.

   They all sat in the living room. They looked at each other. They could ask anything they wanted to know. This was the most important night of their lives from here on out.

   "So. Let's start with you two. Is it true you kissed her in front of the entire Gryffindor house?" Lily asked.

   "Haha. Yeah. That's true. I had detention and couldn't play. Gryffindor won the quidditch cup. I was sort of in the moment." Harry laughed.

   "Bet Ron wasn't happy." Sirius laughed.

   "Oh you should've seen his face! He just stood there like a-" Ginny laughed.

   "Speaking of Ron." James interrupted, "How did you two meet?"

   "I met Ron and a few other Weasley's, including Ginny, on the platform my first year. The Weasley's helped me board the train. I met Hermione on the train too. But we all didn't get along until after we fought a troll in the girl's bathroom." Harry told them.

   "YOU FOUGHT A TROLL? AS A FIRST YEAR?" said Sirius, "Wicked."

   While James, Sirius and Tonks looked extremely impressed, Lily and Remus looked shocked.

   "Yeah." Harry answered with a chuckle.

   "Sorry to ruin the mood, but I have a few dark questions." said Remus.

   "Oh don't worry. I knew they were coming." Harry told him.

   "What happened to Voldemort?" asked Remus nervously.

   "I killed him." Harry told them flatly.

   The room went silent. Everyone looked absolutely horrified.

   "Y-You killed him?" Lily stuttered.

   Harry nodded his head. Lily stood up and hugged her son tightly.

   "So the prophecy..." Lily began.

   "It was all true. I've got the memories to prove it." Harry told her.

   Lily cried. She wiped her tears and sat back down next to James.

   "There was a moment. Before I went to... Well... I talked to you guys." Harry told them nervously.

   Suddenly, Lily, James, Sirius and Remus's eyes grew wide.

   "I- I remember that." said Sirius.

   "Y-You what?" Harry stuttered. Turning his head sharply to his Godfather.

   "I remember that. In the forest. You- You were going to him, and you asked me about dying." Sirius told him.

   Harry's eyes began to water.

   "I remember that too." said James.

   "So do I." said Lily.

   "I remember it clearly." said Remus.

   Harry couldn't believe it.

   "Do you- Do you remember anything else?" Harry asked. They all shook their heads and Harry sighed.

   "No. I don't remember anything else. I didn't even remember that until you brought it up." said Sirius.

   "I see." Harry commented.

   "So did you do it?" asked Lily, "Did you go to to him?"

   "Yes. I did. But look. I'm perfectly fine. Better than I was before I went to him. I'm alive. I'm free."

   Everyone smiled.

   "So why exactly were you on the run?" Tonks asked.

   "To put it simply, Ron, Hermione and I were looking for certain objects. Voldemort couldn't be killed until these objects were destroyed." Harry explained to them.

   "Harry. You don't mean to tell us that Voldemort made a- a Horcrux, do you?" said Tonks. She seemed to be the only who knew about them.

   "No he didn't make a Horcrux." said Harry, "He made six."

   Harry decided to hide the fact that there were actually seven including himself.

   Tonks looked horrified.

   "A Horcrux is an object in which someone has hidden their soul. Meaning, that if they are killed, the piece hidden in the objects still lives. Which means-"Harry explained before being cut off.

   "You cannot die." Sirius finished while looked just as horrified as Tonks.

   "Exactly. It was our job to find and destroy all of Voldemort's Horcruxes."

   Everyone was silent. They knew all the needed to know about the war, for now.

Sirius took a breath.

"So Ginny, what do you do for work?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

"I write for the prophet. I used to play Chaser for the Holyhead Harpies until I retired a few years ago." She told them with a smile.

"YOU WHAT?!?" James shouted. His jaw dropped. He leaned over to Harry.

"You got a good one." he nudged Harry's side.

Harry and Ginny laughed.

   "Harry, I've got a question about Al." Lily said nervously.

   "Is it about his name?" Harry smiled.

   Everyone nodded.

   "Yeah. I was waiting for this to happen." Harry laughed.

   "Albus Dumbledore was an important figure in my life. He was there for me whenever I needed guidance. He had mentored me in all that he knew about Voldemort and without him, I would've never been able to finish the war. I was with him until the very end. Literally. I was with him until his end." Harry explained.

   "As for Severus Snape, There are many things that he had done in his past that cannot be forgiven. However, He saved my life and he was a big help on our side during the war. What he did for me, and more specifically what he did for you, mum, gives him the right to deserve to be honored." said Harry.

   Lily looked her son in the eyes. He hugged him tightly. Although she wasn't sure what specifically Severus had done for them and it was difficult for her to imagine what he could have possibly done. She was proud.

   This was the moment that truly the start a new life for all of them. They finally had some idea of all they had missed. After weeks of being in the dark, there was finally something that could connect them to the time the had lost.