CHP 35

Last night was probably the nicest Jimin has slept in awhile, knowing that Jeongguk is okay. He twists his head to the right and smiles softly seeing Taehyung next to him.

Sleeping without another person by his side is difficult so he's happy that the man complied - well, rather insisted before the idea was even brought into light.

Jimin sits up slowly. He reaches over and brushes some of Taehyung's sleepy curls out of his closed eyes. He watches as the man's nose twitches and he chuckles softly.

He finally stands up and stretches his arms into the air, a yawn crawling up his throat. The sun filters in through the parted curtains and gently paints the side of his face as he rubs at his eyes. Jimin then orients himself and works Jeongguk's hoodie over his torso.

Jimin quietly leaves the bedroom and patters down the stairs, finding Namjoon sat at the kitchen table, sipping on a warm cup of coffee while scrolling through his phone. He clears his throat quietly and the man looks at him.

"Ah, Jimin. Did you sleep okay?" he questions while placing his phone down.

He nods his head. "Yeah, I did... sorry for stealing Taehyung," he murmurs with evident guilt as his shoulders slump.

Namjoon chuckles and his dimples show. "He can sleep next to you as long as you need him, okay? We're all in this together. And in fact we've gotten a lead on Kai," he announces.

Jimin's mouth parts in shock. He hurries to the kitchen table and takes a seat, eyes imploring while he stares into the dragon-like shape of Officer Kim's.

"A lead?" he repeats, hopeful gaze enlarged.

Namjoon nods his head in a preening manner and lands his mug against the table with a solid thud. He folds his arms over the smooth surface while honing in on Jimin's look of anticipation.

"Early this morning a witness claimed they saw Kai close by the outskirt of the city scoping out old abandoned warehouses. They've sent some of our men undercover to sweep the area. He's still here and we're closer to finding him," Namjoon explains.

Jimin should probably feel thankful for such a revelation however his blood runs cold and his skin falls ashen. Why would Kai be exploring old abandoned warehouses? The possibilities are endless and in fact have his head spinning. So much so that he's teetering in his seat and Officer Kim is given no choice but to round the kitchen table and stabilize him.

"Jimin, are you okay?" Namjoon asks the moment he crouches down in front of him, complexion now painted over completely with worry rather than triumph.

The blond nods his head. "I'm okay... just... why old abandoned warehouses? Do you think he's planning something? Have you guys investigated inside of them yet?" he piles on question after question.

Namjoon stands up to cup Jimin's face softly, successfully capturing his attention. "Listen to me. Don't worry about it, okay? It's our job and it's that way for a reason. We know what we're doing but we can't move in just yet. There's a possibility he could come back," he mentions.

Jimin blinks at him and swallows thickly. He knows Namjoon is right. He nods his head and soon large hands fall from his face. The policeman gives the blond a sympathetic look and returns to his seat at the other side of the table.

The kitchen is silent now, save for the sound of brewing coffee. Jimin fiddles with his fingers and peers up the moment Taehyung's figure lingers into his vision. The man walks to the coffee machine and poors himself a hot cup, taking a seat next to Namjoon.

"Have either of you eaten anything yet?" he asks tenderly, blowing cool air into his coffee.

"I haven't eaten anything yet and neither has Jimin. I've been sorting through my emails all morning," Namjoon says.