What Happened?

A/N: Did you guys notice that Alexx has her own set of words? Yes, some are the same as Bucky's, but they have reasons to stay. ;)

My eyes opened slowly and I looked around. Trying to move, I quickly found out I had been restrained, my wrists and ankles tied down with some kind of heavy duty material. My wings were even strapped down to my back. I lit my hands on fire and instantly sprinklers turned on, spraying out the fire and only turning off after it was out.

"You like it?" The voice came from my left. I looked toward it and found a large window, Stark on the other side. "I designed it myself. Banner made the material keeping you down. Very durable, not even fire can destroy it."

"Tony, where am I?" I feigned innocence. As soon as I was able, I'd get out and finally finish my mission.

"You're in the tower. A very secure room I thought I'd only have to use on Bruce." 

"Please let me out, I'm fine now. I'm sorry."

Stark shook his head. "No, you see...I don't believe you."

"If she says she's fine, she's fine." Rogers walked into the room, looking at me sadly. "Right?"

I nodded. "Why would I lie?"

Stark sighed and shook his head again while Rogers undid the restraints holding me down. He hugged me tight, but I didn't hug him back.

"Alexx, are you mad?" Steve pulled away and looked at me.

"No, in fact, I'm happy." I looked up at him and dropped down, sweeping his legs out from under him. Then I jumped on him and pinned him down. 

"What the hell?" Rogers looked at me confused. 

"You are so stupid, Rogers." I smiled. "Ya yeshche ne zakonchil s toboy." (I'm not done with you yet.) Stark moved a step, but I held a flaming hand very close to Rogers' face. "I wouldn't if I were you."

"Alexx, please..." Rogers whispered.

I shook my head. "No. I can finally finish my mission. And maybe get some extra points for removing the Avengers all together."

"Not on my watch." 

I turned toward the voice and a large hand slapped me off of Rogers. I was flung against one of the walls and I laid on the ground, my head reeling. I sat up and a large machine pinned me against the wall. The Hulk had hit me, but one of Stark's toys was keeping me in place. Rogers stood up and looked at Stark. 

"Steve, please say it..." I grunted, trying to stay myself longer. "Say...the word. Jess knows it...It will...." I groaned and blinked again, trying to fight Stark's toy. "Otpusti menya!" (Let me go!)

Rogers looked at me and nodded. 

I glared at him. "Say it and I kill everyone." 

He looked at me and sighed. 

Suddenly something hit the side of my head and I fell over, blackness taking over. The last thing I heard was "Sorry."

***

My eyes opened and I looked around the room. I was bound to a gurney with very strong cuffs. I began to panic, my breathing becoming rapid. 

"W-Where am I? Let me go!" I yelled. 

I couldn't have possibly been captured by HYDRA, could I?

"I won't do anything for you! Never again!"

The door to the room opened and Steve walked in. "Alexx, what's wrong?"

"You're here? Get me out of here, Jess can't have me again." I whispered. 

"Jess is in a cell in the basement. You're in the tower,  you're safe." Steve gently placed his hand on my cheek. "I'm glad to see you're back to normal."

"What? I don't understand."

"You don't need to worry about it, Firecracker." Tony walked in, wearing his signature band t-shirt and jeans. He came to me and started undoing the cuffs holding me down.

"What if she's lying again?" Nat stood by the door.

"I-I'm not lying, I swear." I pleaded.

Steve stayed beside me as Tony released the restraints. I sat up quickly and hugged Steve tightly. 

"I'm sorry, I don't know what happened. All I remember is fighting Jess, and then everything went black." 

"You...don't remember anything?" Tony asked.

I looked at him and shook my head. 

"Alexx, you turned against us." Steve said, looking at me worriedly.

"Was it Jess?" 

Tony nodded. "She said some Russian words and suddenly it was like you were a completely different person. You were blood thirsty."

I shook my head and put my face in my hands. "I knew this would happen..." I looked up at them. "I can't stay here." I got up off the gurney and ran from the room, going straight to my room. 

Once inside my room, I locked the door, grabbed a backpack and began putting only a few things inside. I grabbed my wallet of $500 in cash for emergencies, a few changes of clothes, a hairbrush, medkit, a flashlight, my phone and a charger, a waterbottle, snacks, a hat, a rain jacket and my toiletries. 

I went into my closet and changed my clothes. That's when I remembered that Jess had shot me twice. I redressed my injuries and got dressed, despite the pain. I wore good running shoes, as I expected to be walking a lot. I also wore a pair of loose pants and a loose long-sleeved blouse. 

Now that I was ready, I put the backpack on my back, wincing when one of the straps touched my shoulder. I unlocked my door and opened it, closing it behind me so that Abby wouldn't fall out by accident.

"Alexx, what are you doing?" Steve ran toward me. 

"I'm leaving. I can't stay here, it's too dangerous. I already attacked you guys." I shook my head. Steve moved toward me again and I held out my hand as I backed away. "I've made up my mind, and you can't stop me. Take care of Abby, and don't look for me."

"Please, we can figure this out." Steve pleaded. 

I shook my head and opened my bedroom door again. It had the nearest exit that wasn't already being blocked. I backed into my room and as soon as I was clear, I ran and jumped out of the broken window, spreading my wings wide. 

"Alexx! Don't do this, you won't be safe!" 

"Just let me try!" 

Without another word, I took off, flying high over New York and away from the Avengers.

[Alexx escapes the tower with a few belongings, thinking that leaving them will keep the avengers safe.]