CHAPTER 14 ATTRACTION

As I caught sight of the shooting star, my hand immediately shot out to grab the hem of my pajama shirt. I've felt this sensation since childhood - an odd and light feeling coursing through my body, as if all is going to be just fine. And as always, I closed my eyes, clasped my hands tightly, and made my wish to the star above."Oh God, let me prove my innocence to Aaron so that his hatred towards me can finally dissipate. I don't know what comes next, but I can't bear his hostility anymore."But before my wish could fully form in my mind, I felt a jolt and gasped as if I had bumped into someone. My eyes snapped open as I began to stumble, only to be pulled back by strong, possessive arms wrapped tightly around my waist.Aaron's stunning crystal blue eyes met mine as I slowly opened my own, dazed from the impact of our collision. My gaze wandered, but not to him. I bit my lower lip, overwhelmed by the intensity of his stare. "Relax," he reassured me as he drew nearer. His eyes seemed to penetrate my very soul, and a sense of calm washed over me. I squirmed a little as my muscles relaxed, knowing that there was something special about this man that I would never find in anyone else. It was as if our souls had formed an immediate connection.As we parted ways, Aaron's concern for me astounded me. "What are you doing here? How is your leg? You should take a break," he said."My leg is fully healed," I replied, holding my breath as I stared at him."Nevertheless, you should still take a break," he insisted."It's okay, Aaron," I replied softly. "But may I ask you something?"He nodded, looking deep into my eyes."May I visit my maternal grandfather? He's been missing me terribly, and since he's the only family I have, I really want to see him," I asked cautiously, unsure of how he would react."Collins can take you there, but I need to remind you of our marriage contract. You're only allowed to attend shopping trips, family outings, and 'Banquet parties exclusively for me,'" he stated firmly, reminding me of our agreement before walking away.But my heart leapt with excitement! Finally, I could meet my beloved grandfather after such a long time!

*******

"Hey Collins, mind stopping by the chocolate bakery? I want to grab some sugar-free cookies for my grandpa," I assert as we make our way towards his house."He can't have too many sweets because of his diabetes, so my brother makes him sugar-free desserts. It's a small way to show him we care," I add with a smile, reminiscing about the memories of my youth spent with my grandfather.Finally arriving at his house, my heart fills with nostalgia as I take in the surroundings. A wave of emotion hits me, but I quickly compose myself before approaching the front door.With a loud knock, I eagerly await for someone to answer. The door flies open, and I'm greeted by Wilber, my beloved brother."Hey there, Boo-boo!" he exclaims, wrapping me in a warm embrace.

"Hey there, bro," I chirped through my tears, as I arrived at my grandpa's house, eager to reminisce about the good ol' days."Come on in, Boo-Boo is waiting to meet you!" my brother encouraged, leading me inside.And there he was, my dear grandpa, glued to the TV in his comfy chair."Grandpa!" I exclaimed, brimming with joy."Eter!" he greeted me, eyes twinkling with love and pride.I embraced him tightly, eager to catch up."So, young man, dish out the juicy deets - what's new in your life?" I quizzed him with a grin."He gestured towards himself and boldly proclaimed, 'Amazing as always.'"As I handed him a box of sugar-free chocolate cookies, his face lit up like a child on Christmas morning."How are you, my dear? And how's your husband treating you?" he asked with genuine concern.The mere mention of Aaron made my stomach churn. "I'm doing well, and Aaron loves me," I confidently lied."Why did you suddenly marry him? You're only 21, my dear. Did you know him before?" he prodded.My heart sank as I realized I needed to confess the truth to my grandfather. I didn't marry Aaron by choice...he forced me into it, how will i be able to admit it with dread."Grandpa, let me be open with you. I am working for Aaron, and he proposed marriage to me to settle down and start a family. After careful consideration, I decided to accept his proposal because I believe it is the right move. I understand that I am only 21, but I know that I have to marry sooner or later. I am very happy with Aaron. He is the perfect husband who cherishes me and takes care of me." I nervously revealed, hoping that my grandpa wouldn't catch onto my deception.Grandpa chuckled. "You are still young, my child. Are you sure you are ready to start a family and have children? And most importantly, are you genuinely happy?" He questioned."Grandpa, you know that I am passionate about children and I have no problem marrying in my early twenties," I declared boldly. "Moreover, Aaron truly loves me and takes care of me, making him the perfect partner. I understand that this may not sound real to you, but I assure you that it is the truth."

"He did not appear convinced, yet he went along with it and nodded."Look, look what I made," Wilber exclaimed as he emerged from the kitchen holding a platter of my favorite dessert, apple pie."Hooray!" I exclaimed like a young child, causing Wilber and my grandfather to burst into laughter.We sat down together to enjoy the apple pie and I had such a great time with them that I spent the entire day with them. It's already 7 p.m.As I was about to leave, my grandfather stopped me and said, "Hold on, dear." He pulled out $100 and handed it to me, insisting, "Buy some chocolates and chips like you used to when you were a child." Tears welled up in my eyes as I felt overwhelmed with his genuine love for me. He still remembered giving me money to buy treats from the store when I was little. I cried as I hugged him tightly."

*********

Upon returning home, I slipped into my cozy oversized shirt and shorts in my room before venturing downstairs. As I hummed in the kitchen, I reached for the mango juice from the fridge to quench my thirst. Suddenly, Aaron appeared in front of me in his unrivaled sexiness - shirtless with sweatpants, showcasing his chiseled biceps and abs. My eyes couldn't help but wander, but I tried not to drool over his physique. Caught in the act, I quickly looked away when Aaron glanced at me, but he knew I was drawn to him. Smirking and with a self-assured tone, he stated: "You are physically drawn to me."

With a casual wave of their hand, "Psshh, that's never gonna happen. Trust me, I've seen it all." But my anxiety spiked, causing my hands to shake and my heart to race."You didn't catch my eye," he bluntly stated, causing me to let out a piercing scream as I was suddenly pinned to the wall. I gasped and felt my cheeks redden as his eyes intently scanned my lips. And then, out of nowhere, he pulled a surprise move.

**************

PRECAP Prep yourselves, my lovely readers! Eternity and Aaron's relationship is about to take a crazy turn. Get ready to witness the drama!

How is the chapter, please vote comment, and share