sette.

BLACK LACE
−−−−− SETTE ; RING

ADELINA STARED AT HER RING FINGER. The months had passed by, and though she'd never admit to someone, she was scared. She knew he would place his claim on her as soon as they went to their room, marking her. And though she had seduced a countless number of men- she had never actually desired to be with someone, her father making sure of it. Hence the tight security and visits by the bodyguards every week.

People thought of strong and beautiful when they thought of Adelina Lombardi, but underneath that hard exterior she was the same broken girl from eight years ago. It'd been years since she'd opened up to someone willingly, and now Isabella, her whole life was being taken away from her like a fever dream.

A knock resounded through her room, as she quickly placed herself together before calling out 'Come in.' She wanted nothing more than to leave, save herself from this arrangement. But her life revolved around the mafia, and she couldn't bear to let go of it. She couldn't imagine leaving for the normal world.

"You were told to get ready ma'am, Signore Bianchi is timed to arrive soon." Valerio- her father's bodyguard tells her. She had never liked Valerio, he was known to be unliked by the female crowd. His only form of respect showing in front of the Lombardi family, the fear of being killed heavy on his mind.

"Why wasn't I informed of this earlier." Adelina asks, not wanting to see her soon-to-be fiance any sooner than she needed to, she knew the engagement party was in three days but she was confused, being the oldest daughter of his household, she was used to being told everything weeks before it was meant to happen. And in this case Lorenzo was supposed to arrive tomorrow. Did her father think he had the upper hand because he got her engaged?

"Because you didn't need to be." Valerio said, staring at her with a look of murder on his face. Valerio always hated Adelina because she thought she was the weaker sex. Why did she get to become more powerful than him?

"Watch your mouth Alessi." Adelina walked closer to him, brushing his shoulders, making her way out of her office, she faced the open exit, stopping next to Valerio, their faces turned the opposite way. "Don't forget that I am your superior, it won't take me long to get you fired."

Adelina smiled softly as she found Valentina running across the hall to her, her parents brought her over for the engagement party. Adelina picked her up, placing Valentina at her hip as she went to walk down the stairs, with no intention of changing. Her tight black bodycon dress accentuated her curves, giving her the look of a businesswoman. She went out to check the wards slightly before this, thus the outfit.

Valentina was tired, Adelina could feel her dozing off on her shoulder. Walking towards her dad's office, she stiffens noticing four men round the corridor. The soft chatter of their voice dying down as they noticed Chicago's gem heading the same way they were going.

A man steps towards her before Lorenzo shoots him a warning look, Valentina opens her eyes and looks up from Adelina's shoulder. She wiggles in Adelina's arms before she sets her down, running up to Lorenzo and holding her hands up, indicating she wants to get picked up.

Adelina looks into her future husband's questioning eyes before she notices him pick Valentina up. The three men beside him staring straight ahead at the beauty. Domenico Ferrari- Lorenzo's Consigliere. Romeo and Emilia Rossi- his most trusted soldiers.

"Valentina." Adelina called out, making her sister turn her head at her, and then back to Lorenzo, snuggling into his shoulder. The outlines of guns were visible under their dress-shirts, and Adelina knew there was no way she could get her sister back without getting close to the men.