Chapter 14: Eye for an Eye

I- 11K READS POGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH! <3 

I remember when I first started this book and I was getting less than 5 reads and I almost decided to discontinue it. Then, as I wrote more, I was getting more support and more motivation to continue!

So thank you all so much! :D

Let's start!

~

"Ouch," Techno said monotonously.

Dream tried to fight as Sapnap and George grabbed his arms, holding him back.

Wilbur, Phil, George, Sapnap and Dream slowly walked into the castle, avoiding the dead bodies on the ground, while Tommy, Tubbo and the other townspeople stayed behind. 

"Why are you doing this?" Wilbur demanded. "Why did you lie to us? Why bring us here?"

"Oh, Wilbur, I've answered that already!" Schlatt sneered. 

"Because of me? Schlatt, so many people died today, and it's because I illtreated you as a child?"

"Well, actually, everyone is dying today, because I have planted bombs all over the city!" Schlatt chuckled, raising his free hand over his head. "But, you see, the question isn't why I'm doing this, it's what I want from this. And I'm sure you know what I want."

Wilbur looked at his friends unsurely. "Uh, no?"

"LIAR!" Schlatt hollered, roughly yanking the blade back and creating a deep cut in Techno's neck, causing him to yelp. 

Dream broke free of his friend's grasps. "DON'T TOUCH HIM!"

"DON'T YOU FUCKING COME ANY CLOSER OR I'LL CUT HIS PRETTY HEAD OFF!" 

Everyone stopped in their tracks, startled.

"YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, WILBUR!" the entire castle echoed with Schlatt's booming voice. "YOU TOOK HER AWAY FROM ME!" 

Everyone was looking at the blonde. Dream blinked. "Why is everyone looking at me? I'm gay."

Techno smiled a bit, suppressing his laughter. 

"DON'T PLAY DUMB, WILBUR!" the man accused. "YOU KNEW I LOVED HER!"

"O-oh..." Wilbur's mouth formed the shape of an O. "Nikki?" he guessed softly. 

Schlatt whipped out another small blade from his pocket and hauled it at the ground, causing it to fall with a loud clank.

(ok, I know that in the SMP Schlatt hates Nikki, but I decided to change the story a bit)

"That's what this is about? We're not even together!" Wilbur protested.

"Yeah, right!" he scoffed. "The way you look at her? The way she looks at you? We were such great friends, then you came along and just destroyed everything!"

"Either way, you can't be doing all this just because of her!"

Schlatt paused. "You're right. How about, I let your friend here go and I'll disarm the bombs, and you give me Nikki? Do we have a deal?"

"Hell no!" Wilbur spat.

"But I thought you weren't dating?" he drawled, smiling smugly. 

"Ok fine! I lied! Happy?"

"You were dating this entire time?" Phil whispered. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"I- I wasn't ready, I-"

"Would you like to reconsider?" Schlatt interrupted. "I mean, it's a good deal. By letting go a girl who was rightfully mine, you can save so many lives, including your little pink friend over here." 

"Wha- no! Well, I guess- no! She's not even here! She's all the way back in the village! It would take us days to return there and come back!" 

"Actually, I have her right here," Schlatt smirked. To their surprise, a guard came up, dragging the beautiful maiden with him, holding her hands behind her back. Her pink strawberry dress was splattered with mud and dirt, a slightly torn at the white frills. 

"Nikki!" Wilbur reached out his hand, but recoiled. "Why- if you had her the entire time, why were you demanding me to 'give her to you'?"

"Well, just because I have her here, doesn't mean she'll just accept her fate and leave you! You're going to have to convince her." 

"Wilbur!" Nikki cried, immediately silenced by the guard. 

"I-" Wilbur glanced at his friends and the people behind him, then at the love of his life. Schlatt was right, by letting her go, so many lives could be saved, including Techno's, who had a knife at his neck. But could he really just give her up?

All these years, they grew up together. He met her after Schlatt introduced her to him and they became good friends. As they grew up, they realised their true feelings to one another. They spent an entire journey together, how could he just leave her? Besides, even if he did let her go, Schlatt might go back to his word and still blow up the place. 

There was a big conflict in his head. Whichever option he chose, the cunning man could just go back on his word and kill everyone, including his friends, his love and the people living at the city. 

He looked back and forth between the soldiers uneasily, feeling all the stares on him and starting to feel slightly pressured. Cold sweat trickled down his forehead. His throat felt dry and itchy, making it harder for him to think. He felt his breaths increase, his heart palpitating against his chest. 

Then, he thought of an idea.

"Actually, I have an offer."

Schlatt raised his brow. "You do?"

"Yeah. You and I, we fight on this arena right now. You lose, you let Nikki and Techno go, you disarm the bombs and you leave this palace forever. I lose, then, well, I guess you just kill everyone!"

Everyone gasped. Phil tugged at Wilbur's sleeve. "Uh, Wilbur? You sure this is a good idea?"

"Yeah, trust me on this one, Phil." Wilbur reassured him.

"Alright! I wont say no to that!" Schlatt cackled. "But be warned Wilbur, when you lose, I will not hesitate to burn this place to the ground!"

"No, no, it's not 'when', it's 'if'. " Wilbur corrected. "And that's pretty unlikely." 

"So, just you and me? No backups? You are going down, Will." Schlatt snickered. Wilbur snarled at the nickname. 

"Just a fistfight, then? No medicine, no potions, no parasite, no guards whatsoever?" Wilbur slipped his bag off. 

"Of course," Schlatt smiled. "No switchblades too. I see one in your pocket."

Wilbur scowled and emptied his pockets, the contents all falling onto the ground. Schlatt motioned a soldier to come over and hold the knife over Techno's neck while he fought.

"You guys... might wanna stand back," Wilbur muttered. His friends nodded and stepped back slowly.

"Can't wait for the moment I can stand over your dead body in triumph, after all those years you mistreated me." Schlatt raised his fists.

"Well, you're going to have to keep waiting, because that's not going to happen." Wilbur did the same.

"Let's fight, bitch boy."

~

Oop- back at it again with the bitch boy stuff

Thank you for reading, and again, thank you so much for 11k reads, absolutely crazy!

I have two drafts right now, and I've finished a whole chapter of one of them. One is about Tommy and Tubbo's friendship in the Dream SMP and one is another Dreamnoblade fanfic, but a different AU. I'm planning on publishing them after I finish this book :D

Any suggestions/ideas are welcome!

See you in the next chapter!

-dainty <3