Chapter Seventeen

Your POV

I groaned as I opened my eyes, and then wished I didn't. A bright light was in my face. I tried to lift my hands to block my face, but I couldn't.

I tugged my hands, but they wouldn't move. I looked down to them and saw them strapped to the surface I was lying on.

"You're finally awake."

I looked up to see a man, but not just any man. The man who had experimented on my siblings and me. Dr List.

"It's great to have you again," he said, smiling evilly.

I said something that would have made Steve choke, and Dr List smiled.

"Now, now, that isn't very polite," he said, shaking his head.

I felt my hands heating up. I made flame appear in my hand, but a massive shock went through me. I screamed in pain, my back arching off the table in pain.

"None of that, Dear," Dr List said.

He walked towards me with a syringe in his hand.

"What are you doing? Get away from me!" I screamed as he advanced towards me.

"I don't want to shock you to death, but you just don't want to cooperate," he sighed, sticking the needle into my neck.

I started to get dizzy.

"You can go and... and..."

I blacked out before finishing my sentence.

Loki POV

"There was nothing there," Thor said to me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I was too distraught to push it off. Y/n was gone. She was missing. Her siblings left her behind.

"We did no such thing," the Scarlet Witch growled at me, reading my thoughts.

Her accent was thick with her anger, just like y/n's gets.

I knew her statement to be true, but I just needed to blame someone. I needed to hurt someone for taking her.

"Apologies," I ground out.

My brother warily glanced at me, and then cleared his throat.

"We need to get her back," he said.

Normally, I would have rolled my eyes at him, but I couldn't bring myself to.

"So there was absolutely nothing back there?" Pietro asked, glancing around the room.

Thor, Stark, Hawkeye, Captain America, and Lady Natasha went back to the base to see if they could find anything that could help us find her, but it was as if they were never there.

Stark shook his head, answering Quicksilver's question.

"Nothing?" I repeated. "You are supposed to be the best of the best, and yet you find nothing?"

It was sinking in now. I had lost someone else I cared about. Maybe opening up and falling in love was a bad idea.

"Hey, don't blame us!" Stark growled. "They set us up! It was a trap. They had everything planned out."

I pulled a knife out of thin air.

"You should have sent me with her instead of sending her with a bunch of children," I sneered.

"We are not children," Pietro spat, "and we care for our sister. You need to stop being such an asshole."

"I am worried for the wellbeing of the woman I love!" I yelled. "I apologise if I am being an asshole, but I need to make sure she is okay! I need to find her!"

Everyone was silent after my outburst. I never showed this much emotion around them.

"You... you love my sister?" Pietro asked quietly.

I nodded once. Pietro exhaled deeply.

"We must stop arguing and find y/n," Pietro said.

"Brother, is there any type of magic you could use to help find her?" Thor asked me.

"Don't you think I would have already tried that?" I snapped at him. "The only way I could find her is by using a spell on the person she has been spending the most time around recently, and since that is me, I cannot complete the spell."

"Why not?" my brother asked me, confused.

I sighed at his lack of knowledge on the subject.

"I cannot perform the spell on myself. I would need another magic wielder."

My brother's eyes lit up.

"We know someone," he said, excitedly.

I groaned at the thought of seeing the Midgardian wizard again, but I knew I had to if I was going to save the woman who held my heart. I sighed deeply.

"Let's pay him a visit, then."

A/N

Who could this 'Midgardian Wizard' be?

Anyway, thank you for reading chapter 17 my lovelies!! I hope you have a fantastic day/night!!

P.S. Meme isn't mine

~LadyLokiLaufeyson