30| ceasefire

“It is so easy to stray away from the person you want to be because the people that surround you push you into a mold to make you the person they want to see.”

-TheLast_Unicorn

(A/N: isn't that the most amazing quote ever?)

30| ceasefire

Oliver stops in his tracks. So do I.

Scarlett?

“I didn’t kiss her. She was the one who came onto me,” Owen says, staring at the ceiling.

Oliver doesn’t move.

“She is the one who told me you two had broken up. She wanted to kiss me. I didn’t even kiss her back.”

I feel like an intruder right now, as if I am listening to something I shouldn’t.

“But I never really told you. She blamed me. And I thought that...it was stupid. I knew you wouldn’t believe me either way.”

Oliver doesn’t make any sound. His hands are in fists.

“You always hated me. It doesn’t matter if I did it or not,” Owen says.

“I don’t hate—” Oliver mumbles.

Owen laughs humorlessly. “It’s a mess. But the truth is, I have always had your back, Oli.”

Oliver closes his eyes for a moment. Then he storms out of the room, leaving me behind.

I don’t know what to do.

I look back at Owen who’s staring at the ceiling. His chest is rising and falling with his breaths. It seems like he doesn’t see me.

There are so many questions in my head that they make me feel like I am going crazy. I get out of Owen’s room and take some deep breaths to get a hold of myself. 

Who is Scarlett? Oliver broke up with her. Does that mean—? Oliver never told me about it. Owen says he never kissed her? Is this why Oliver and Owen—

I don’t know anything for sure. I had my first kiss with Oliver, and now I have to hear about him and another girl.

I am confused. I clutch my heart and take another deep breath.

Oliver isn’t around. Where is he?

I glance inside his room. He isn’t there. I decide to check his other room.

I find Oliver pacing back and forth, pulling his hair in frustration. It seems like a thousand things are going on in his head.

How did the night turn into this?

I clear my throat. Oliver doesn’t hear me at first. So I do it again.

Oliver looks at me. He realizes I am still here.

“I am going home,” I say. “Thought I should let you know.”